533 miles (858 km) so far

rws

this season...the sled is permitted up to ride North Dakota, Minnesota, Manitoba and Ontario....have ridden some in all 4 already.  ND permit is also good in South Dakota and from what I understand the MB permit is good in SK.

n2emnnT.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, T bird said:

Are the other permits in the same price range as Ontario?

North Dakota  $50 biennial (good for 2 years)

Minnesota  $51 annual

Manitoba  $150 annual

and I always buy the Ontario permit pre-November 1 to get the early bird discount

Edited by rws

5 hours ago, rws said:

North Dakota  $50 biennial (good for 2 years)

Minnesota  $51 annual

Manitoba  $150 annual

and I always buy the Ontario permit pre-November 1 to get the early bird discount

Do you mind telling me how/where you got your Manitoba permit? I have 2 friends (that do not use computers) that along with 2 other fellows are going to start a 12 day saddlebag trip in Kakabeca Falls and will spend some time in Manitoba.

I've been investigating permits for Manitoba and it appears to me that you have to go to a Manitoba Public Insurance office or a MPI brokers office in person to get the 7-day permits. If that is the case, by the map(s) it looks like the first location they could get to once entering Manitoba would be in Steinbach. If that is the only way, they will have ridden quite a distance into Manitoba with no permit before having to possibly ride well into the town to find the MI office while risking a $485.00 fine per sled. They were hoping to be able to order the 7 days online and have them before leaving on their trip. 

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Do you mind telling me how/where you got your Manitoba permit? I have 2 friends (that do not use computers) that along with 2 other fellows are going to start a 12 day saddlebag trip in Kakabeca Falls and will spend some time in Manitoba.

I've been investigating permits for Manitoba and it appears to me that you have to go to a Manitoba Public Insurance office or a MPI brokers office in person to get the 7-day permits. If that is the case, by the map(s) it looks like the first location they could get to once entering Manitoba would be in Steinbach. If that is the only way, they will have ridden quite a distance into Manitoba with no permit before having to possibly ride well into the town to find the MI office while risking a $485.00 fine per sled. They were hoping to be able to order the 7 days online and have them before leaving on their trip. 

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

I live close to the MB border so I just pop across the border and pick one up in person.

Below is a screenshot from MB Snoman's website...I highlighted in red how you can order permits from any broker by mail.

543Le63.jpg

image.png

Edited by rws

26 minutes ago, rws said:

I live close to the MB border so I just pop across the border and pick one up in person.

Below is a screenshot from MB Snoman's website...I highlighted in red how you can order permits from any broker by mail.

543Le63.jpg

image.png

Thanks for the information!

On 1/7/2020 at 5:16 PM, Poo Man said:

Just curious how many km(or miles) of trail does each state have? 

As listed on each state snowmobile site:

North Dakota approximately 2,800 miles

Minnesota  approximately 21,000 miles