Quebec question

Arctic JC

Has anyone ever had any issues in Quebec due to not having reflectors on their sled??  

Thanks

John 

31 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

Has anyone ever had any issues in Quebec due to not having reflectors on their sled??  

Thanks

John 

In our experience,  we have not but 

have heard about multiple occasions of guys being asked, but we have never encountered that. We have only been asked for Quebec trail pass, insurance,  and the Club guys along with the QPP, seem to look for proper placing of sled numbers and val tag. Thats just our experience. 

36 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

Thanks

John 

That's a new 'concern' to me. I know we had to equip 1 of the guys in our group w/ 'proper' mirrors before our trip thru the Abitibi-Temiscaming area.

Thanks for the reply’s!!  I’ve added small mirrors to the inside of the hand guards, running a stock muffler, will have all permits/paperwork in order, just wasn’t sure if I’d be harassed for not having reflectors. 

• Like 1

In approx. 14 multi-day saddlebag trips in Quebec we have been stopped 8-10 times by the Surete du Quebec and it has always been a pleasant interaction. Even the time when we got stopped in the middle of a very extensively planned Surete stop of the Snowmobilers from Hell ride on their/our way to Rouyn. LOL  We've never been asked about reflectors and we always had mirrors so they weren't mentioned.

• Like 1

Rear view mirrors and custom numbers, are the only issues we have run across

Even online registration & permit didn't arrive B 4 we left home-they accepted our word we had paperwork in our wallets without seeing it!

• Like 1

We've only been questioned about mirrors and our interactions have always been very friendly and pleasant.