Only on a sled...

Rustyrivets

So I am discouraged by the weather as well, but trying to keep positive.  Need a feel good thread.  Please post something that lifts the spirits!

Only on a sled:

- You can ride 1,000s km of trails and meet awesome people.

- Get the rush of pure acceleration.

- Enjoy our great country in ways I couldn't without one.

- Get excited about getting ready for a ride in -30C.

- Stop somewhere on the trail and chat with your pals.

Chime in with your  "only on a sled"...…...

• Like 4

Only on a sled could you wake up to this 

6C2E6BD1-501F-4ED6-9FDC-28F995E8673C.jpeg

Edited by 1049
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Woke up in temagami to this years ago, ended up being an awesome day on the trails, at least when we thought we were on the trails....

Getting people unstuck started to get old real fast.

...visit a lot of places most people have never heard of.

• Like 1

Roll into a town mid week with no reservations for the night only to have the owner open their normally closed mid week doors and provide a room after they ask you, "are you snowmobilers".

Or the local store deliver a pizza to the place your staying at who don't normally deliver and refuse to take extra money.

Or the local body shop let's you pull your sled into their shop, gets a portable heater so the frozen antifreeze in your sled can thaw out.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, stoney said:

Roll into a town mid week with no reservations for the night only to have the owner open their normally closed mid week doors and provide a room after they ask you, "are you snowmobilers".

Or the local store deliver a pizza to the place your staying at who don't normally deliver and refuse to take extra money.

Or the local body shop let's you pull your sled into their shop, gets a portable heater so the frozen antifreeze in your sled can thaw out.

:right_on:

Stopped on the side of the D trail at a sideroad crossing with one sick cat. Two guys with a pickup load of firewood stop & offer to help. We load the sled on top of the firewood and they take our buddy and his cat to Arnies. They wouldn't take anything for helping out.

• Like 2

Only on a sled can you have an "OH CRAP" moment and only you know if you actually did !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1049 said:

Mark

I remember that morning lol the memories that you have snowmobiling the good and the bad.and the scenery that we see you have to love it

Greg

15745.jpeg

• Like 3

Great photos guys. Love them all. I will post a picture that i have been waiting years to obtain.  As some of you might know, ive been joking with Canuck about getting on a 'Doo. Last seasons ride with Canuck, landed me the perfect opportunity to let him have at my '19 MXZ X 850. #SKI DON'T indeed.....

The look on his face,  his eyes, etc said it all to me. Priceless, and could only have happened sledding..B)..

Sorry Canuck, but you had to of known this pic would surface one day..:icon_photo::icon_photo:

20190302_140436.jpg

Edited by TURBO DOO
  • Haha 2

There's a better one yet ...

20170227_155635.thumb.jpg.9349a96170df1237ff1af510e9ed0508.jpg

.... take a snooze on a sled and make it look perfectly normal ....

5 hours ago, manotickmike said:

It's the people 100%. Just stop at an intersection and you might meet a friend for life.

When we were in Amos about 10 years ago. Ran into a sledder @ the motel from the 'Little Britain area'. I knew where he was as he had rented a house to friends.

I usually see him each year @ the Sledarama.

4 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Mark

I remember that morning lol the memories that you have snowmobiling the good and the bad.and the scenery that we see you have to love it

Greg

15745.jpeg

Nice link (inside joke)! SJ, irREVerent & I saw 1 SW of Cochrane in '18. That was a 1st for me.