TIMMINS Accommodation

Giddy UP

Zero chance I stay at that filthy disgusting place again. Glad you had a good experience.

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

We had 5 rooms last night @ the Bon Air. No issues. Another group of 3 sledders there. Would stay there again in the future w/o hesitation.

We will be there tonight, coming from Chapleau.  What route did you take into the Bon AIr?

Thanks,

whit

6 minutes ago, whits-end said:

We will be there tonight, coming from Chapleau.  What route did you take into the Bon AIr?

Thanks,

whit

L24 from the south no issues on the trails. Still snow on the L22 detour.

Park on the snow in front of the office & then go back to the rooms on the west side.

Be aware there is a narrow spot on TOP C south of the Ethier Aggregates signage if you go north. The club has been notified of it.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

L24 from the south no issues on the trails. Still snow on the L22 detour.

Park on the snow in front of the office & then go back to the rooms on the west side.

Be aware there is a narrow spot on TOP C south of the Ethier Aggregates signage if you go north. The club has been notified of it.

The narrow spot, you did not want to follow the tracks down in the hole?.:rotflmao:...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

The narrow spot, you did not want to follow the tracks down in the hole?.:rotflmao:...

LOL The MTO has pushed a bunch of snow over on the trail.

So, just returned home from last week's big loop couples tour (Cochrane, Hearst, Dubreuilville, Wawa, Chapleau, Timmins, Cochrane), and I wanted to follow up on our Bon Air Timmins stay last Friday night.  To begin with, our first choice was Super 8, but when we booked, a month and a half ago, they were full.  Bon Air has pretty good trail access, and we wanted to hold the line a little on price, since we have been away every 2nd week this winter.  The $109 + taxes rate was appealing, after 2 consecutive nights at $150 + taxes.   Bon Air Timmins was just what we expected, a simple low-cost room.  Staff was friendly, room was clean, everything worked, lots of hot water, convenient to food and gas.

For our purposes, it was fine and we would stay there again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, whits-end said:

So, just returned home from last week's big loop couples tour (Cochrane, Hearst, Dubreuilville, Wawa, Chapleau, Timmins, Cochrane), and I wanted to follow up on our Bon Air Timmins stay last Friday night.  To begin with, our first choice was Super 8, but when we booked, a month and a half ago, they were full.  Bon Air has pretty good trail access, and we wanted to hold the line a little on price, since we have been away every 2nd week this winter.  The $109 + taxes rate was appealing, after 2 consecutive nights at $150 + taxes.   Bon Air Timmins was just what we expected, a simple low-cost room.  Staff was friendly, room was clean, everything worked, lots of hot water, convenient to food and gas.

For our purposes, it was fine and we would stay there again.

Thanks for that up to date report. How timely! Our group had tentatively planned a trip this week out of the Elliot Lake/Searchmont area. The weather is pushing us north and I was thinking of launching from the Bon Air.

2 hours ago, tricky said:

Thanks for that up to date report. How timely! Our group had tentatively planned a trip this week out of the Elliot Lake/Searchmont area. The weather is pushing us north and I was thinking of launching from the Bon Air.

Only issue w/ the Bon Air is that they charge for parking if you are on a loop. Sucks because parking space is not an issue.

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Only issue w/ the Bon Air is that they charge for parking if you are on a loop. Sucks because parking space is not an issue.

Running and maintaining a plow truck is not free either.My customers get charged double the summer rate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Running and maintaining a plow truck is not free either.My customers get charged double the summer rate.

I can see if you bail upon return. We've staged @ other lodgings w/ parking lots & never were charged for parking while we were away.

16 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I can see if you bail upon return. We've staged @ other lodgings w/ parking lots & never were charged for parking while we were away.

I suppose my situation is a little different.I provide parking,no lodging.I have never been charged for parking at any lodgings in QC or here,even when offered to pay. But yes customer service goes along way in the Hospitality industry.----Blowing off steam,plow truck in broke!!!!!

7 hours ago, tricky said:

Only other thing I can add is the parking lot (like all up there) is getting bare.  No snow left, just ice and some pavement.  The  bridge overhead to the north side was still in great shape with good snow cover.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

But they watch your stuff and you can negotiate if you stay last night up front, if they aren’t busy. Have to pay cash for parking but I got them to adjust room rate by about 30 dollars on last night to offset most of parking charge. They gave me a receipt for parking and knowing my stuff would still be there when I return was good feeling. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

11 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

But they watch your stuff and you can negotiate if you stay last night up front, if they aren’t busy. Have to pay cash for parking but I got them to adjust room rate by about 30 dollars on last night to offset most of parking charge. They gave me a receipt for parking and knowing my stuff would still be there when I return was good feeling. 

For over 30 years we have never had to pay for extended parking at a lodging and have never had any issues to trucks or trailers upon return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

For over 30 years we have never had to pay for extended parking at a lodging and have never had any issues to trucks or trailers upon return.

We've left our keys in case they have to move them for plowing. Also 1 less thing to lose on your trip.

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

We've left our keys in case they have to move them for plowing. Also 1 less thing to lose on your trip.

We have done the same. A couple of times we were told if we left our keys and needed the trailer brought to us for any reason they would take care of getting it done.

• Like 2