TIMMINS Accommodation

Giddy UP

Looking for the recommendations for accommodation in Timmins  somewhere that a truck and trailer can be left, restaurant close to or onsite preferred and trail access. TYIA

Doing my Snow Dance!

Giddy Up

40 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

We stayed at the Super 8 last season. Caseys right next door. Lots of parking and trail access behind.. Lots of other options also..

x2 on the Super 8. Have stayed there many times and will again the first week of March. Free basic breakfast as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Some OC members have stayed at the Bon-Air if i recall and seemed to like it also. 

We (SJ, moosifer, extreme600, re:leaf & last but not least irREVerent) have stayed there. LOTS of parking but have heard in the past they charge daily if you leave a vehicle there for a trip.

Tims is across the road. Mikes Restaurant on site for breaky & dinner. Wacky Wings next door. Beer store is apparently within walking distance (can't confirm this). Esso & Shell stations nearby.

Snowmobile trail goes thru the property as well. 

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

We (SJ, moosifer, extreme600, re:leaf & last but not least irREVerent) have stayed there. LOTS of parking but have heard in the past they charge daily if you leave a vehicle there for a trip.

Tims is across the road. Mikes Restaurant on site for breaky & dinner. Wacky Wings next door. Beer store is apparently within walking distance (can't confirm this). Esso & Shell stations nearby.

Snowmobile trail goes thru the property as well. 

Beer store is east of the super 8 (I think)

Bon aire is good. They do charge 10 dollars a day for leaving a truck and trailer there. They give a receipt which is a piece of mind your truck and stuff will be there when you return. 24 hour desk survelence. With super 8 parking lot is jammed with truck and trailers. 
Mikes restaurant is right next door to Bonaire, as above post. I would stay again. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Thanks everyone for the response. Now we just need some snow!!

Giddy UP!

• Like 1

X2 on the iffy parking @ the Super 8. In 2018 when we staged out of the Bon Air, I rode up to the Super 8 (quite visible from L24) & saw 1st hand the crowded parking.

Also, 1 day when we were doing a bit of exploring, we checked out the access for the Comfort Inn. Not the greatest location if you're on a sled. L27 dumps you @ the side of Algonquin. You have do dodge 4 lanes of traffic & then spark along an access street.

My GPS file should have the 'beverage' stores for Timmins.

We’ve stayed at the Bon Air a couple times and enjoyed out Visits there, it’s a typical motel room that you can park right out front of your room. Great location and services as others have mentioned 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

X2 on the iffy parking @ the Super 8. In 2018 when we staged out of the Bon Air, I rode up to the Super 8 (quite visible from L24) & saw 1st hand the crowded parking.

Also, 1 day when we were doing a bit of exploring, we checked out the access for the Comfort Inn. Not the greatest location if you're on a sled. L27 dumps you @ the side of Algonquin. You have do dodge 4 lanes of traffic & then spark along an access street.

My GPS file should have the 'beverage' stores for Timmins.

Great info. Thank you!

16 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Bon aire is good. They do charge 10 dollars a day for leaving a truck and trailer there. They give a receipt which is a piece of mind your truck and stuff will be there when you return. 24 hour desk survelence. With super 8 parking lot is jammed with truck and trailers. 
Mikes restaurant is right next door to Bonaire, as above post. I would stay again. 

In the past (haven't asked this year) if you were staying at the Super 8 and their lot was full or you were leaving a truck and trailer for a saddlebag trip you could park it in the big lot behind Casey's next door.

Hey Giddy.  Knowing you as I do, I would heartily recommend Cedar Meadows.  Huge parking with lots of room for vehicles and trailer. Right on the trail. It’s not a strip motel or econo type place. Large property all snow covered. No asphalt to be seen.  Good rooms. With different choices. Good pricing.  No highway noise. No non resident traffic.  Completely safe leaving sleds at the front door. Or at your room if you are ground floor. The indomitable MRS. STG enjoyed the spa and post riding in the outdoor hot tub is great.  Restaurant is indoors on site. No need for a coat or boots to get to feed.  The menu is varied and extensive. Stayed there close to a week year before last and never felt the need to repeat a supper entree. Snowmobile package also available. Listed as one of the Top snowmobile accommodations in Northern Ontario. 

https://www.northernontario.travel/snowmobiling/top-ontario-snowmobile-destinations

Enjoy !!

• Like 2

On 1/6/2020 at 6:59 PM, SlowTouringGuy said:

Hey Giddy.  Knowing you as I do, I would heartily recommend Cedar Meadows.  Huge parking with lots of room for vehicles and trailer. Right on the trail. It’s not a strip motel or econo type place. Large property all snow covered. No asphalt to be seen.  Good rooms. With different choices. Good pricing.  No highway noise. No non resident traffic.  Completely safe leaving sleds at the front door. Or at your room if you are ground floor. The indomitable MRS. STG enjoyed the spa and post riding in the outdoor hot tub is great.  Restaurant is indoors on site. No need for a coat or boots to get to feed.  The menu is varied and extensive. Stayed there close to a week year before last and never felt the need to repeat a supper entree. Snowmobile package also available. Listed as one of the Top snowmobile accommodations in Northern Ontario. 

https://www.northernontario.travel/snowmobiling/top-ontario-snowmobile-destinations

Enjoy !!

Awesome Mr. Mouse!!!  Thank you for this recommendation.  I was also looking at that place, but thought a bit swanky for some in our group - however, I will definitely recommend it to them!!  Especially like the "Hot Tub" option ;)  you know it!!!

7 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

Awesome Mr. Mouse!!!  Thank you for this recommendation.  I was also looking at that place, but thought a bit swanky for some in our group - however, I will definitely recommend it to them!!  Especially like the "Hot Tub" option ;)  you know it!!!

Ask them if they charge extra for the hot tub. They were in 2012 when we stayed there. For the room rates they charge we thought it was a bit chintzy.

• Like 1

Only way I'll stay there is if I get to sleep in the barn with the animals .... they're more civilized than the staff.

I won't support any business whose staff looks down their nose at their patrons.

Edited by Techdenis007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Techdenis007 said:

Only way I'll stay there is if I get to sleep in the barn with the animals .... they're more civilized than the staff.

I won't support any business whose staff looks down their nose at their patrons.

Don't you know that people from west of Driftwood are riff raff?

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

Don't you know that people from west of Driftwood are riff raff?

Yeah, I get that sometimes... 

Check it out Revrnd, I done got me a Gordie Howe hat trick :D

Screenshot_20200108-223513_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1dda1f779161f37611ab0314174c6346.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

Yeah, I get that sometimes... 

Check it out Revrnd, I done got me a Gordie Howe hat trick :D

Screenshot_20200108-223513_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1dda1f779161f37611ab0314174c6346.jpg

I'll have to tell you about my day there back in 2012 sometime.

16 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

Neither would I.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, revrnd said:

Ask them if they charge extra for the hot tub. They were in 2012 when we stayed there. For the room rates they charge we thought it was a bit chintzy.

When we stayed last year it was included, as was the spa, as part of the snowmobile package.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We had 5 rooms last night @ the Bon Air. No issues. Another group of 3 sledders there. Would stay there again in the future w/o hesitation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You book direct too? 

Yes. When I joined the group I phoned the lodgings directly to get my room.