D201F Question NW of Elliot Lake

GTC

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:12 AM, yamaha06 said:

Has anyone rode the D201F lately?  Just wondering what kind of condition it is in.  Will be heading out that way Friday on my way to Wawa.

Yes we rode this to the east from the Soo to Elliot Lake on Feb. 6th and back on Feb. 8th.

All good if you take the Ranger Lake Road to Domitar Road which turns back into the D201F Trail.

I sent you a PM.

Many have been doing it and the pond was frozen well so no water.  Watch for brush and the filled washout near the Whitman dam Road warmup shack.  All done very well.

Some have come all the way through the red portion of the trail, but brushing is not done yet.

All good for us because we usually take that short cut anyway.  From the west to east...… The portion through the closed Aubrey Fall Trading Post is not groomed but there is a good one track all the way from the bridge crossing the river on the Ranger to the D106 and then it is good for the kilometer to Hwy 129 and Black Creek Outfitters has gas and is open just across the road.

For me the trail is as good as open.

• Like 2