How much snow do you have?

Baylaker

In my driving around Parry Sound/Muskoka this weekend, I observed the following snow depths.

Parry Sound 2"

Huntsville 5"

Burks Falls 2"

Magnetawan 1"

Unbelievable start to the season and it will be weeks before anything could possibly open.  Yikes.

Carmen

I think it’ll most likely be the end of January before things really start to take shape. Had a friend over today, he has a family cottage in port loring and says there’s not much up there either. Only 3-4” of ice...

Snow squall watch issued for the Muskoka’s a few minutes ago ,bring it on

calling for 10 to 20 cms 

Edited by Muskoka Man
  • Like 1

Snowing here now on the outskirts of Kitchener/Waterloo.  7 degrees and rain forecast for friday. :banghead::soapbox:. Absolutely no frost in the ground. Hate to say it, but im not holding my breath for riding from the house again this season.  Again, thank god for the NCDN and Quebec, or i would not be typing this, and would be outta the sport.

Snow Report - Sault Ste. Marie

The City itself has approximately 40 cms, but north of the city is 60 cms upward.  Trails are closed (as of this writing on January 6th) due to a significant ice storm that went through the area last week.  Many trees are down in the region. The Trailblazers Club have had multiple teams of volunteers out several days in a row in an attempt the get the local trails open.  

Photo of Sault Ste. Marie at 2 pm today.

ssm.jpg

17 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

Snow Report - Sault Ste. Marie

The City itself has approximately 40 cms, but north of the city is 60 cms upward.  Trails are closed (as of this writing on January 6th) due to a significant ice storm that went through the area last week.  Many trees are down in the region. The Trailblazers Club have had multiple teams of volunteers out several days in a row in an attempt the get the local trails open.  

Photo of Sault Ste. Marie at 2 pm today.

ssm.jpg

Awesome for the snow at least. Thanks for sharing the pic..

• Like 1

7" on the ground out in the open here in Apsley today. Less in the bush under tree cover.

Got about 3 inches in Omemee ..... but it doesn't stand a chance like a fart in a wind storm. It will be melted and gone by weekend. 

Sorry, I'm depressed with winter.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I already scarified one. Should have sold newer one though. 

Thankyou! We just got about 3-4” today :cheers:

time to sell the other???

Edited by Baylaker

6 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Got about 4inches or so in Kearney last night and today.Just looked at weather.ca and they are saying plus 1 tomorrow and chance of rain.:headbang:

Its all your fault.  You just had to buy that new Doo..:baghead::wtf::poke2:...

Oh wait, i did also..:ph34r:...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Thankyou! We just got about 3-4” today :cheers:

time to sell the other???

Hahah. I think it is your turn now. Not ready to leave sport yet, even if I get zero km’s this season. Won’t be first and won’t be last. I use sled around farm so not costing me much to keep it. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

2 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Hahah. I think it is your turn now. Not ready to leave sport yet, even if I get zero km’s this season. Won’t be first and won’t be last. I use sled around farm so not costing me much to keep it. 

I’ve got them both listed. If they sell, cool...if not, we’ll ride them if we can. But if we do sell them, it will be a temporary thing. Wife and I will be keeping all our gear as I’ll still ride the kids bravo and she can ride her dads old Indy. It would be nice to free up a bit of money if they’re just going to sit there....

1 minute ago, Baylaker said:

I’ve got them both listed. If they sell, cool...if not, we’ll ride them if we can. But if we do sell them, it will be a temporary thing. Wife and I will be keeping all our gear as I’ll still ride the kids bravo and she can ride her dads old Indy. It would be nice to free up a bit of money if they’re just going to sit there....

Ahhhhhhh! Well good luck to you either way. Cheers, hope to read your singhampton reports in a few weeks. 

9 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Ahhhhhhh! Well good luck to you either way. Cheers, hope to read your singhampton reports in a few weeks. 

I’m hoping you’ll be able to read them as well. Love singhampton area! 

Gravenhurst around noon today.

20200107_124229.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Gravenhurst around noon today.

20200107_145707.jpg

Can’t see pic 

48 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Can’t see pic 

That's  because I was too busy texting your entourage.

• Haha 1

Too bad it's not an OFSC trail!

Here's a roadrunner shot:

20200107_153357.jpg

• Like 5