West side of Abitibi canyon

16 minutes ago, Nunz said:

??? 

Yeah, what he said.

If the west side doesn’t open soon, it will really impact the operations of Base Camp? They struggle as it is to keep things alive, and with this stretch still being closed I’m sure it will really hurt their business. 

• Like 1

There must be some sort of understanding on both sides as I am sure that it was posted here a month ago that it was all groomed.

Prolly just can't post it officially open until the T is dotted and all the I's are crossed?

I can't imagine that the hydro is concerned about anything other than liability, which I think is pretty much covered by law anyhow?

45 minutes ago, Ox said:

There must be some sort of understanding on both sides as I am sure that it was posted here a month ago that it was all groomed.

Prolly just can't post it officially open until the T is dotted and all the I's are crossed?

I can't imagine that the hydro is concerned about anything other than liability, which I think is pretty much covered by law anyhow?

without a LUP in place and the OFSC insurance coverage hydro is exposed to liability... not something they want to take on

I wonder if that is even deeded property, or a right-of-way on Crown Land up there?

If u know the area no need to run trail to base camp....just saying.:headbang:

A few questions, does the SRF club groom all the way to Fraserdale? Doesn't A103 follow the powerline all the way there? So I wonder why the open/yellow section only goes part way? 

8 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Pretty sure SRF does revrnd.

I always thought they did the west side & the PBR sid the east side. I think we've only done the 'complete' A103 once, from SRF to Cochrane. The other times we just ran up & back from Cochrane.

Top end has a railway track to cross....if u jump the second cut after the warmup shack that will run u to the end of the yellow going north...now saying that if u know the cut there is a Y in it...staying left will take u to the 103,,,staying right base camp....have fuel on board.

Right now on the ITG:

image.png.aa6189365bd4e5963e30c63f25dfacf6.png

Sent it to base camp yesterday
Hi guys, we are planning a trip by the end of February, any updates on west side of canyon? Thanks
13590344_834277763372868_782544470657496

They are grooming and working on it 

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Yeah saw that also, Just wondering if anyone had any intel as to whether the OPG thing is moving forward or it has just stalled?

Must be a terrain issue where the yellow ends because (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't the yellow portion power line (OPG?) running too?

Hydro:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Abitibi+Canyon,+ON,+Canada/@49.717424,-81.6017282,16365m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4d16327856e495c9:0xb99603fe74e3013c!8m2!3d49.8790539!4d-81.571385

Terrain?

Other than the Canyon it'self, I'm not sure there's more than 10' of topography between Cochrane and Moosonee.

It's aboot as dead flat as you can git.

I could look up the marks on the topo map, but don't want to dig'm out right now.

We're lookin' at a big pc of paper with hardly any lines on it!

Edited by Ox

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Must be a terrain issue where the yellow ends because (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't the yellow portion power line (OPG?) running too?

Yup.... I would imagine it could be green status.  Darn near all hydro line up the SRF side. Its usually a blur when running at the posted 50...:D:rotflmao:..

LUP ok'd up to that point?. Who knows..

Edited by TURBO DOO
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Yup.... I would imagine it could be green status.  Darn near all hydro line up the SRF side. Its usually a blur when running at the posted 50...:D:rotflmao:..

LUP ok'd up to that point?. Who knows..

Exactly!

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

Exactly!

I thought that I  had read somewhere ( a month or 2 ago) that Hydro was working along that part of the right away.