West side of Abitibi canyon

5 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

No cure for stupid.  

But as a friend say, "A 2x4 helps".

• 4 weeks later...

West side of Canyon is Yellow now, hopefully things not going worst:o  

8 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

West side of Canyon is Yellow now, hopefully things not going worst:o  

Just road it today yellow is definitely appropriate it’s getting thin in a lot of places .East side is better but there’s about two Kms of road running that’s pretty much bare 15  Kms south of the canyon 

5 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Just road it today yellow is definitely appropriate it’s getting thin in a lot of places .East side is better but there’s about two Kms of road running that’s pretty much bare 15  Kms south of the canyon 

We are planning Canyon on Friday couterclockwise, stay at Smooth Rock Fallls and heading to Hearst on Saturday and Sunday back to Cochrane. Don't like to ride mushed potato

7 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

We are planning Canyon on Friday couterclockwise, stay at Smooth Rock Fallls and heading to Hearst on Saturday and Sunday back to Cochrane. Don't like to ride mushed potato

It won’t be the best you are probably better going to Hearst and riding the loops north of Hearst it’s in much better shape over there 

Edited by 1049
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 1049 said:

It won’t be the best you are probably better going to Hearst and riding the loops north of Hearst it’s in much better shape over there 

I was thinking about it, but now too late or we loose with no refund our reservation in Cochrane

I think most places are going yellow because the groomers are parked until it cools down.    I bet they are green again by Monday.    

• Like 1

Westway will cancel with no penalties with 24hrs notice no questions asked.  

31 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Really which place is giving no refund. Turbo changed his and I bet he got a refund or a rain cheque. 

Thriftlodge through booking.com 24 hours free cancelation, so already to late 

3 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

Thriftlodge through booking.com 24 hours free cancelation, so already to late 

I would still skip the canyon ride straight to Hearst and ride over there 

Edited by 1049
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 1049 said:

I would still skip the canyon ride straight to Hearst ride over there 

Thanks I will discuss to my group as we have 3 room booked at Cochrane tomorrow and Smith Rock falls on Saturday.

Fill up in SRF and head north. Not as big of a top up @ the trailer. Only time we've run the west side was coming east from Kap or Hearst. Rest of our trips to the Canyon were day trips out of Cochrane.

• Thanks 1

That's us too   coming from  Kap    stopping at the truck  at SRF unload the bags and loop to the canyon and return to SRF  so prob will do that     last run to the truck will be Cochrane to SRF    :rockon:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

That's us too   coming from  Kap    stopping at the truck  at SRF unload the bags and loop to the canyon and return to SRF  so prob will do that     last run to the truck will be Cochrane to SRF    :rockon:

Sounds like a good ride to end the season. Have to work it into a future trip as it's been a few years up there.

58 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Depending on what day of the week it is that you are finishing your ride you might want to think twice about what side you go up first Nick. We all know how rough it can be in the afternoon riding between Cochrane and SRF.

Personallly, for my last ride of the year, I would rather come down the west side from the canyon as opposed to bouncing my a_s back to SRF from Cochrane.

Also, you will need enough fuel for 195 km. if you intend to go back to SFR without going into Cochrane for some fuel.

You could also take a small container of stabalizer with you and you can put it in at the warm up shacks on A if you go that way. Then when you are done riding your sled at SFR, it has already got the stabalizer all the way through the system.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You could also take a small container of stabalizer with you and you can put it in at the warm up shacks on A if you go that way. Then when you are done riding your sled at SFR, it has already got the stabalizer all the way through the system.

A good idea. We used to take the 150 ml gasoline antifreeze containers w/ iso in them (tape around the cap). Never had an issue w/ leakage.

If you don't run premium thru the season, you could fill your almost empty tank w/ it in Cochrane & by the time you got to SRF you'd be OK for that part of your summarizing.

During our riding @irREVerent put premium in for his last 2 fills. I did my last fill up there & my last down here (w/ Sta-bil).

• Like 1