West side of Abitibi canyon

13 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

why wouldn't they be! FML

Do you think it might be possible that they are blocking the trail at times while working and have requested the club keep the trail closed?

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Do you think it might be possible that they are blocking the trail at times while working and have requested the club keep the trail closed?

Likely still the OPG LUP issue. 

The clubs in NCDN have been posting on the ITG when hydro crews are working. Polar bear riders have also done the same for closures due to logging. I don't think a landowner issue would be published.. 

You can see no info for A103 on the SRF side.. Closed!

Screenshot_20200130-111206_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4c96194e73bb39a42e3903cff69456f0.jpg

1 hour ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Likely still the OPG LUP issue. 

The clubs in NCDN have been posting on the ITG when hydro crews are working. Polar bear riders have also done the same for closures due to logging. I don't think a landowner issue would be published.. 

You can see no info for A103 on the SRF side.. Closed!

Screenshot_20200130-111206_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4c96194e73bb39a42e3903cff69456f0.jpg

But what is the point in having it yellow halfway up the SRF side? I can't see sledders riding up & then turning around to go back to TOP A. If OPG/Hydro One has an issue w/ what the Arctic Riders 'presented' them, why allow them on the southern part of the power line?

Lots of conjecture (myself included) & nothing forthcoming from the club.

27 minutes ago, revrnd said:

But what is the point in having it yellow halfway up the SRF side? I can't see sledders riding up & then turning around to go back to TOP A. If OPG/Hydro One has an issue w/ what the Arctic Riders 'presented' them, why allow them on the southern part of the power line?

Lots of conjecture (myself included) & nothing forthcoming from the club.

Limited to a road crossing, it's up to the rider if they want to go up and back.  

Trail is limited because it dead ends, trails been groomed, grooming is paid for.  The club has been inactive on fb, and I think the clubs are trying to get things done, but not being public about it. The info is out there, base camp is where it first came from as far as the info.  I for one wouldnt want to rock the boat to much, if in fact its a LUP issue, which I personally think it is.

13 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Took this pic today..

20200202_143926.jpg

I can hear it now, "Honey lets ride up to the closure and turn around".

:rolleyes:

Mrs. Turbo doo and myself only ran up from SRF to the L107, then back to the A, on our way back to Cochrane yesterday from Hearst. Plenty of fresh tracks running farther north. 

Floods landing is on the Cochrane side of A103..At the end of the trail shown here at the Frederick House River..

Screenshot_20200203-200921_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Mrs. Turbo doo and myself only ran up from SRF to the L107, then back to the A, on our way back to Cochrane yesterday from Hearst. Plenty of fresh tracks running farther north. 

Floods landing is on the Cochrane side of A103..At the end of the trail shown here at the Frederick House River..

Screenshot_20200203-200921_Samsung Internet.jpg

There was a post on Faceplant a day or so ago saying river access was compromised for the time being.

9 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Hmmm..

Screenshot_20200207-161005_Samsung Internet.jpg

A glitch or maybe that section is being updated?

30 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Time will tell i guess..

I expect that as the OFSC requires, if a land user agreement is not in place, the trail has to be deleted from the ITG. And so it has been deleted. If this is the case, its not good news for the guys that run the basecamp.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I expect that as the OFSC requires, if a land user agreement is not in place, the trail has to be deleted from the ITG. And so it has been deleted. If this is the case, its not good news for the guys that run the basecamp.

Since the holidays,  its been pretty quiet in the NCDN. It does suck for sure for them..

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Also seems to be a waste of resources to groom up & back to a dead end that offers no services...

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Also seems to be a waste of resources to groom up & back to a dead end that offers no services...

I expect that many will ride the non trail anyway.

17 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I expect that many will ride the non trail anyway.

Yep...

1 hour ago, Bearcat_w said:

1503298287_FireShotCapture045-(3)northerncorridordunordsnowmobileassociationFacebookSearc_-www.facebook_com.png.5f53f895f33422a33f3bf7166504f237.png

Where A103 is still open does it follow a powerline? Seems awfully straight if it doesn't. (It's been quite a few years since I've ridden that side).

25 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Pretty much all powerline once it turns north..

So they have permission at the south end, but not the north half? Something doesn't seem right IMO.