Fuel Mileage Challenge (kind of)

revrnd

Rode timmins to hearst last weekend, My 900T gade and my buddy on 144 Assault. The polaris on average took 8 t0 10 ltrs more at fuel stops.

4 hours ago, zoso said:

Bearcat 5000 has a 350km range.

But do you want to ride that far on 1?

:poke2:

1 minute ago, zoso said:

Most comfortable sled ever made, so ya.

I Googled it & I see it's a touring sled. I was thinking it was a utility sled.

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I Googled it & I see it's a touring sled. I was thinking it was a utility sled.

It is a luxury utility touring sled. I rode one, while they are massive the ride is so comfortable and warm it is great. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zoso said:

It is a luxury utility touring sled. I rode one, while they are massive the ride is so comfortable and warm it is great. 

A couch in other words LOL

bearcat 5000  =  64.4 litre  tank damm.    I wish my sled had that , I hate when they improve fuel mileage on sleds  then take away fuel capacity.

Checked this out this weekend with our AC's.  My ZR6000 and my wife's Lynx 2000 (600 fan cooled w/carb) and we get almost exactly the same mileage. Most recent trip we burned 29 litres and traveled 190ish km. Tanks hold about 40 litres so we should get about 250 on a tank. 

2 hours ago, Puggz said:

Checked this out this weekend with our AC's.  My ZR6000 and my wife's Lynx 2000 (600 fan cooled w/carb) and we get almost exactly the same mileage. Most recent trip we burned 29 litres and traveled 190ish km. Tanks hold about 40 litres so we should get about 250 on a tank. 

Several years ago my parents who had identical Indy Classics, noticed that travelling the same speed on the same trips/rides, my father's sled got terrible gas mileage. Took it to the dealer & it turned out the choke cable was misadjusted. When the lever was in the 'off' position, the circuit was actually still open. Fuel was being sucked thru. They checked the mileage afterwards & it was much better. I'm surprised he never had issues w/ fouling plugs.

33 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Several years ago my parents who had identical Indy Classics, noticed that travelling the same speed on the same trips/rides, my father's sled got terrible gas mileage. Took it to the dealer & it turned out the choke cable was misadjusted. When the lever was in the 'off' position, the circuit was actually still open. Fuel was being sucked thru. They checked the mileage afterwards & it was much better. I'm surprised he never had issues w/ fouling plugs.

My 900 got terrible mileage too out of box. After I read posts about great mileage everyone else was getting, took it back to dealer. Turned out to be a weak ignition coil. About 20 percent better after that was fixed and has more power too!