Handlebar Gauntlets/Muffs

Dragon600

Hello all

Looking for input on everyone’s favourite gauntlets. I ride a Polaris Pro S and wondered what others have had success with. Thanks

I use the Doo muffs when it's colder than about -15, above that I have a set of Choko wind deflectors. My hands are always cold so I don't take chances with the weather anymore. Claw mitts are better than 5 finger gloves for cold weather in my case.

I use the skidoo gauntlets and a huge difference. At -40C with them on do not need more than mid setting on warmers. Goofy to look at but they doo make a difference. Over 50 hands seem to be cold more than previous, cold out use them don’t care if they look stupid

• Like 3

Just sold the Doo and picked up a new to me 2017 Pro S this evening so I’ll see how they fit tomorrow and report back

F17D3C2F-2AC9-470B-B579-7544EA22F5CB.jpeg

• Like 2

I use the Doo muffs when it is really cold.   I dont care how dumb they look.    They work awesome!  

• Like 1

Is the average age of snowmobilers now not mid 40's and up.....given that,  other than poking some fun at your buddies, I would guess the large majority of riders now could give 2 sh!ts what others really think! 

I installed the Kimpex muffs I recently bought the other week on my sled, seem to fit well with no instructions to anything, at least while sitting in the garage on my sled. Had the cold guards on before that but was looking for some more comfort, I plan to keep the Kimpex muffs on the sled all the time, unless I see a reason to remove them...

Congrats on the new to you POO, looks real nice!

Edited by stoney

Just tried  skidoo muffs for passenger, unhappy with purchase, bad design, useless. They not secure properly on handles and sliding down, so  doen't protect hands from cold, just accumulating snow inside. :wacko:

31 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

Just tried  skidoo muffs for passenger, unhappy with purchase, bad design, useless. They not secure properly on handles and sliding down, so  doen't protect hands from cold, just accumulating snow inside. :wacko:

Did you get proper rear muffs ? They have 2 or 3 different ones for rear passenger....

I have the power mad sentinel hand guards, and their gauntlets work around the hand guards really well. 

Pro- handbars are open enabling you to take your hands on and off easily. There is no fishing the hand through a soft limp gauntlet.

con- bulky and not easy to store on a trip. Once they are on its easier to leave them

ms

3 hours ago, ktmkirby said:

I use Doo muffs. One of the best accessories I have. I get cold fingers!

207190_5720449374_8352_n.jpg

My hands are constantly lightly sweating which makes the inside of the gloves moist and turns them to ice on the real cold mornings. Mine have never been that bad before but don’t really want them to either which is why I think I’m heading down the muff route

• Like 1

I always have my handle bar muffs packed on sled. Don’t always use them...but when it’s cold...(-20 or better) I’m glad I have them. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dragon600 said:

My hands are constantly lightly sweating which makes the inside of the gloves moist and turns them to ice on the real cold mornings. Mine have never been that bad before but don’t really want them to either which is why I think I’m heading down the muff route

Truth be told I was at 19,000ft when this happened, and it was more from dehydration than cold. For me no amount of heated grips or gloves can keep up when it's -30C, but the muffs work great.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

McKinley?

On 1/1/2020 at 10:56 PM, Dragon600 said:

Just sold the Doo and picked up a new to me 2017 Pro S this evening so I’ll see how they fit tomorrow and report back

F17D3C2F-2AC9-470B-B579-7544EA22F5CB.jpeg

Doesn't look like you will need to wear a jacket behind that windshield LOL.  All kidding aside, I had the doo muffs on my doo last year.  Worked awesome riding in -40 weather.  This year I went back to POO and bought a set of the Powermadd X2's to try

9 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Doesn't look like you will need to wear a jacket behind that windshield LOL.  All kidding aside, I had the doo muffs on my doo last year.  Worked awesome riding in -40 weather.  This year I went back to POO and bought a set of the Powermadd X2's to try

Hahahaha. Ya I’m going to put the grandpa windshield on the wife’s pro s as the mid windshield is on order for myself.
Nothing on my body ever gets cold but my hands and I have a real good pair of FXR gloves bought last year.