Cochrane area conditions

coolbane

30 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Denis has a history with the Hearst club, the Mattice club and the Corridor.

The Corridor President has been contacted (again).

Volunteers within our District, for the most part, do not "rat" out other clubs. We all have issues to deal with and we prefer to deal with them with tact, courtesy and discretion. We are ALL volunteers trying to do the very best we can. To be a VOLUNTEER and opining about trail conditions and other issues, when you have absolutely no idea about any club operations is wrong.

So what's the holdup with Hornepayne's trails, Denis? Put your money where your mouth is, dude. You'll never be a "Kenny", so give it up.

Could somebody please message me about how to delete my profile? 

My history with the Hearst club has been well documented on here.  The Mattice club until 2 weeks ago there was no negative history.  First year I got back into sledding we were hanging around the Mattice clubhouse a lot, I brushed the X-country ski trails and groomed them for 2 years, until the people running the kitchen quit on it.  We had outdoor events and the sliding hill was well kept, we spent 2 complete winters working out of that clubhouse, never asked for anything in return.

I disagree with the not ratting out deal if you're a volunteer.  It's our duty to see that things are run properly, it's in the best interest of the club, the district, the OFSC, and most importantly, the SLEDDERS BUYING A PERMIT.  They deserve to get the best value for their money, and if clubs are screwing the pooch and claiming their trails are open when they're in fact not, they MUST BE SET STRAIGHT.  You didn't personally ride all the Mattice loops to verify that they were in fact NOT GROOMED, despite showing Limited Availability on the ITG (the bible, so to speak).  I did.  The Mattice club has been grooming farther than they're supposed to on the L153, which is not an OFSC trail.  You would have us turn our heads and allow them to waste fuel and equipment lifespan for the sake of being another white sheep ?  I have enough integrity to stand up for what's right, to say it's wrong, and to see that it gets fixed.  If that groomer breaks way at the end of that trail when turning around, do you think it's the club or the operator that gets it fixed ?  Not a chance, it's the District that has to shell out to drag it out.  OUR PERMIT DOLLARS.  You should also know that I rode with 3 Kap club members (1 was an exec), they knew all about the Mattice club being warned repeatedly for doing such.  It's common knowledge. The issues we're dealing with, as you mentioned, well, THIS IS ONE.  UNGROOMED CLUB TRAILS SHOWING AVAILABLE IS ANOTHER. THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM.

If you want more info on the Hornepayne Trails, I'd suggest you contact the club directly, as the portion beyond the park I don't work because it's simply not my section.  The section that I'm responsible for signage on, is in fact Limited availability.

I'm not Kenny, I'm not Matthew, I'm me.  You don't have to like how I do things, but I can tell you for a fact that our Hearst club is a better entity than it was 5 years ago.  They offer a proven product, they're plainly more transparent than before, the ITG accurately reflects actual trail conditions.  If I see something of concern, I send a text, give an exact location, sometimes it gets fixed right away, or it gets put on as Limited as it should be.  If my efforts have any positive effect on that, then great.  I don't do anything but attempt to see that issues get resolved, and that's the absolute limit I'll do for this club.

If you'd like to meet in person and have a proper discussion face to face, you say when and where, and I'll be there.  I've stood nose to nose with a lot bigger people than you lady, you don't intimidate me, not one bit.  There's not a man or a wallet big enough to scare me, not anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Denis has a history with the Hearst club, the Mattice club and the Corridor.

The Corridor President has been contacted (again).

Volunteers within our District, for the most part, do not "rat" out other clubs. We all have issues to deal with and we prefer to deal with them with tact, courtesy and discretion. We are ALL volunteers trying to do the very best we can. To be a VOLUNTEER and opining about trail conditions and other issues, when you have absolutely no idea about any club operations is wrong.

So what's the holdup with Hornepayne's trails, Denis? Put your money where your mouth is, dude. You'll never be a "Kenny", so give it up.

Could somebody please message me about how to delete my profile? 

Clair please reconsider deleting or removing yourself from here.  Your a valued asset to the community here.  We value your insight into trail conditions and all appreciate what you do for your trail system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

:icon_munching:

Edited by Muskoka Man
  • Haha 2

-3 this morn    4" of fresh powder over nite.   Mission for the day was for wife and I to go for lunch in ramore/rollys restaurant  well A trail to Matheson was A+ groomed great and with the fresh powder was a superb ride. Matheson to rollys well it was a R-motion work out but not that terrible will get better over time as trail is just opening up.  Lunch was very good, always like it at rollys, and ride home was still very good bit ruffer due to traffic .         335km of pure winter fun.   Not a lot of pics but a couple for you.

20200110_092028.jpg

20200110_114848.jpg

20200110_115110.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cookster said:

-3 this morn    4" of fresh powder over nite.   Mission for the day was for wife and I to go for lunch in ramore/rollys restaurant  well A trail to Matheson was A+ groomed great and with the fresh powder was a superb ride. Matheson to rollys well it was a R-motion work out but not that terrible will get better over time as trail is just opening up.  Lunch was very good, always like it at rollys, and ride home was still very good bit ruffer due to traffic .         335km of pure winter fun.   Not a lot of pics but a couple for you.

20200110_092028.jpg

20200110_114848.jpg

20200110_115110.jpg

Looking good..:right_on:

Anyone going to be in Cochrane Monday Jan 20 to 23rd ?, I and a friend are going for our first time and it would be great to hook up with someone who knows the trails. Staying at the Westaway

1 hour ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Anyone going to be in Cochrane Monday Jan 20 to 23rd ?, I and a friend are going for our first time and it would be great to hook up with someone who knows the trails. Staying at the Westaway

We will be missing you guys by a few days. Enjoy..