Cochrane area conditions

coolbane

Ditto.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, Claire Voyant said:

I've given the District Office the heads up that they'll be hearing from you about those horrible trail conditions. 

I"m a little puzzled as to why everyone is reacting so strongly to this post. From my perspective, CV is simply a club volunteer who trying to convey that the club is listening to the trail reports and is trying to make the trail better. Ya, maybe the wording is not perfect, but so what. 

51 minutes ago, coolbane said:

I"m a little puzzled as to why everyone is reacting so strongly to this post. From my perspective, CV is simply a club volunteer who trying to convey that the club is listening to the trail reports and is trying to make the trail better. Ya, maybe the wording is not perfect, but so what. 

You missed the previous comments she made on now deleted posts. You would understand better, had you read them. 

I have recently (and in previous years) ratted out clubs that report their trails as Available or Limited, when in fact they have not been groomed once.  Thus the comment above, is a direct shot at me because I'm a rat.  The club she volunteers with has not once been questioned. Therefore she is simply bashing me for her own personal pleasure. 

I assure you that she in fact, has not contacted the district regarding the trail conditions I reported above. 

I call a spade a spade, doesn't matter whose backyard it's in.

• Like 8

Trail report for yesterday, from friend of mine:

A trail around Cochrane either wasn’t groomed Friday night or there was so much traffic it got beat again. The A 106 to the C was a gorgeous snow highway as was the A down to Iroquois falls

9 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

You missed the previous comments she made on now deleted posts. You would understand better, had you read them. 

I have recently (and in previous years) ratted out clubs that report their trails as Available or Limited, when in fact they have not been groomed once.  Thus the comment above, is a direct shot at me because I'm a rat.  The club she volunteers with has not once been questioned. Therefore she is simply bashing me for her own personal pleasure. 

I assure you that she in fact, has not contacted the district regarding the trail conditions I reported above. 

I call a spade a spade, doesn't matter whose backyard it's in.

:right_on:..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolbane said:

Trail report for yesterday, from friend of mine:

A trail around Cochrane either wasn’t groomed Friday night or there was so much traffic it got beat again. The A 106 to the C was a gorgeous snow highway as was the A down to Iroquois falls

The PBR Facebook page Friday night said that they were going to be grooming all 70 km of the A trail that they maintain. Saturday morning a post said that they did no get the A west done Friday night and were presently grooming it. Facebook has its issues but if you are sledding in the Corridor, liking and following the clubs FB pages is a good suggestion.

• Like 1

You know what,  the clubs and the volunteers are doing a amazing job. With the snow they have, the incredible traffic, the milder then normal weather the north received over the holidays etc, what do you want?. Especially during the holidays.  Give the volunteers a break. IMO, there doing the best they can. I am not going to deny i want perfection also,  as most of you do too. But i do understand what it takes to attain perfection. I have personally heard from a hotel owner about how irresponsible and rude some of the comments have been by sledders that are up there. If its not good enough,  go home, or maybe help out and make it better. It is what it is, until the weather gets colder, and the base is able to hold all the traffic.  Patience people. Things can be alot worse.  At least your riding.. Think about it.. What would you think if you were a volunteer,  spending all the hours it takes to get things ready, and then have all this negativity.  If this sport is going to continue,  and grow, we are going to have change attitudes, or imo,  its going to be heading down a road, that NO ONE wants..

Edited by TURBO DOO
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Excellent post TD. 

There's not enough time to groom and setup the trails with the amount of traffic they are seeing. No way, no how. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Crow said:

Excellent post TD. 

There's not enough time to groom and setup the trails with the amount of traffic they are seeing. No way, no how. 

Thanks. I am frustrated just as much as everyone else. We can only blame the weather, and of course the few that are wreaking it all for the rest of us .. 

• Like 1

Same as every day up here fairly good in the morn and ruff coming home. Get off of A trail and enjoy the loops  L119 and 125 are as usual great   L101 was good and L103 to the bridge and back was great..   just glad I am putting km on.   

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Crow said:

Excellent post TD. 

Exactly the case.  They groom it as much as humanly possible. They know that it's needed too. 

Excellent post TDoo, right on point. 

• Like 1

Just got back from 3 days in Cochrane/Kapuskasing area... Maybe I got lucky on the times/trails I was riding but we had great conditions! Thursday a small ride down the A to Iroquois falls and back, trail was good considering traffic the area had over new years. Friday morning was bumpy to smooth rock, but I have rode way worse. From there on out excellent! Smooth rock to Kap and some side trails in between. Saturday morning from Kap back to smooth rock freshly groomed again, and hard pack from the cold night. Heard the groomer was coming up from Cochrane and more table top trails. Came around to top side into Cochrane which was less travelled. No complaints here for first ride of the year! They are definitely grooming as much as they can to keep up with the traffic.

• Like 4

On 1/5/2020 at 12:33 PM, stoney said:

x2 on the post.

Many are guilty of it & many have no clue what it takes for the trails to be there and how the negativity chips away at the sport for all. 

X3

No different than the yammering about why after D2 or D7 gets a foot of snow, the trails aren't green...

36 minutes ago, revrnd said:

X3

No different than the yammering about why after D2 or D7 gets a foot of snow, the trails aren't green...

You should ask Piston Lake Cruiser what  was asked at the St. Clements snowmobile clubhouse one time,  not too long ago. :banghead:..

23 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

You should ask Piston Lake Cruiser what  was asked at the St. Clements snowmobile clubhouse one time,  not too long ago. :banghead:..

I can just imagine...

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 3:55 PM, coolbane said:

IMO, It would make OC a bit more useful and relevant if guys took just a couple of minutes to post a quick Post-ride report on Route/conditions. Screw the critics

Sorry guys for the delay in posting our report. We arrived on Monday December 30th at the Westway in Cochrane and stayed up there till Sunday January 5th. Hotels were extremely busy and more traffic than I have ever seen up there but expected. We ended up riding just over 1000 miles over the course of the week, Trails were quite good in the mornings and beat up in the late afternoons but again the amount of traffic we expected that. We rode pretty much everywhere you could ride that was available. The L125 around Kap was incredible and spent a bit of time on Remi Lake with the guys on the one day. Was a nice way to hang out and ride with a bunch of friends new and old, Thank you to Denis for coming down and spending a couple of days riding with us. There ended up being close to 20 of us and we split the groups up as much as possible, Thanks you to all the clubs in Cochrane, Iroquois Falls, Timmins, SRF, Moonbeam and Kap for doing their best they could to keep the trails rideable for all of us from the south.

Looks like we may be heading north again this weekend as work and other stuff will be blocking our weekends till our trip first week of February. Hope the weather turns and we can get some riding closer to home as the season progresses.

• Like 10

Good job, Nunz.

• Thanks 1

We rode Around Cochrane yesterday (130kms) and trails were awesome!
Today we rode from Cochrane to Hearst  and we had 10/10 tabletop trails except for the A from Opasitaka to almost Hearst.

That ~20km was rough due to a groomer being down. 

Absolutely no complaints from our crew!! 

Great to be back up here!  

Edited by monte1214
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Priceless.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:30 PM, coolbane said:

Denis has a history with the Hearst club, the Mattice club and the Corridor.

The Corridor President has been contacted (again).

Volunteers within our District, for the most part, do not "rat" out other clubs. We all have issues to deal with and we prefer to deal with them with tact, courtesy and discretion. We are ALL volunteers trying to do the very best we can. To be a VOLUNTEER and opining about trail conditions and other issues, when you have absolutely no idea about any club operations is wrong.

So what's the holdup with Hornepayne's trails, Denis? Put your money where your mouth is, dude. You'll never be a "Kenny", so give it up.

Could somebody please message me about how to delete my profile? 

• Sad 1