Cochrane area conditions

coolbane

From what i know, you can expect early season conditions.  The clubs and volunteers have done an amazing job, especially for this time of year. In a few weeks, it will be good to go. I want perfection on the trails also, but i DOO know the realities of that. I see most NCDN clubs are already dealing with Joe racers. I think Kennys post on the PBR riders Facebook page, pretty much sums it up. 

Edited by TURBO DOO
  • Like 2

Also going to Cochrane tomorrow with my family, can't stay at my cottage anymore, drink and eat is all we do there if there  isn't any snow:cheers:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andreyboater said:

Also going to Cochrane tomorrow with my family, can't stay at my cottage anymore, drink and eat is all we do there if there  isn't any snow:cheers:

Where r u booked? We are heading up tomorrow 

We will stay at Thriftlodge Cochrane 30-31th.

• Like 1

was going to post this in club Ontario north  but I seen this post.

just came back from Cochrane. was up for a week. was great 22 23 24 25 26  but on the 27 the traffic  picked up big time and it was warm,  so the trails got very ruff and beat up. but to be expected with the traffic. the clubs are working there butts off trying to please people with what they have "not a lot of snow by any means"   but hey ruff trails /beat trails are better than no trails,  do not get me wrong they are pretty good for as early as it is in the season, and when groomed they are good usually ruff by end of day. HATS OFF to all the clubs in the north for what they are doing.  O did I mention the traffic full house in Cochrane.     heading back on Jan 2 just waiting on wife to come home from florida  "I opted for the north instead"  and we are heading to cottage with 2 other couples for a week then when they leave me and wife are staying for another week :)    here is a couple pics last one gives you a idea of district  9 trails around my house when I got home from the north.    PS I was checked twice by the cops for the usual stuff so they are checking " good to see"

20191224_110200.jpg

20191226_123419.jpg

20191227_145250.jpg

20191222_162033.jpg

20191228_161331.jpg

Edited by cookster
ps added
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this report, glad to hear you had a great time for this time of the year. Cheers:-)

• Like 1

Yep, Cochrane is full of sled.  Got here this afternoon and left for a 100 km loop at 4 pm. Went south on A toward IF and then the green trail heading west.  A was beat up ( not surprising) and side trail was good. Met groomer on A on the way back. 

Early season, only game in town, base is pretty good.  Worth the trip, so far.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cookster said:

just came back from Cochrane. was up for a week. was great 22 23 24 25 26  but on the 27 the traffic  picked up big time and it was warm,  so the trails got very ruff and beat up. but to be expected with the traffic. the clubs are working there butts off trying to please people with what they have "not a lot of snow by any means"   but hey ruff trails /beat trails are better than no trails,  do not get me wrong they are pretty good for as early as it is in the season, and when groomed they are good usually ruff by end of day. HATS OFF to all the clubs in the north for what they are doing.  O did I mention the traffic full house in Cochrane.     heading back on Jan 2 just waiting on wife to come home from florida  "I opted for the north instead"  and we are heading to cottage with 2 other couples for a week then when they leave me and wife are staying for another week :)    here is a couple pics last one gives you a idea of district  9 trails around my house when I got home from the north.    PS I was checked twice by the cops for the usual stuff so they are checking " good to see"

20191224_110200.jpg

20191226_123419.jpg

20191227_145250.jpg

20191222_162033.jpg

20191228_161331.jpg

Thanks for the 'hands on' reporting.  Actual conditions.  Thanks..:right_on:

• Like 2

Yeah D9 is pretty hurtin for snow right now...matter of fact, everywhere is in the south. Seems like a late start. We need a BIG storm!

• Like 1

enjoy guys,  worth the trip for sure. I can not wait for wife and kids  to get home from the south. have a quick visit with kids and send them back to there homes. so wife and I can head north.

couple more pics not of much but may give you a idea of snow amount.  never take very many pics when I am out.

the detour on A trail on way to green water park is only a few hundred yards from my cottage this year  just on the other side of lower deception lake.   damm near see it , trees just a wee bit to high.

20191222_162043.jpg

20191227_160139.jpg

20191226_140032.jpg

Edited by cookster
pics added
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, cookster said:

20191226_123419.jpg

That looks familiar

:icon_photo:

20180228_132228.thumb.jpg.1d72965918280011fe9fc40b0a521296.jpg

Conditions look great up there!

Our yard in D2, doesn't look much better :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coolbane said:

Yep, Cochrane is full of sleds.  

The Super 8 in Kap had a dozen or more sleds yesterday, 4 or 5 rigs in the yard.  Friday night the Queens and Companion motels had some 35 sleds in the yard.  Saturday there were more than 50.  Yup, we've got traffic.  And the trail conditions to match.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Yeah D9 is pretty hurtin for snow right now...matter of fact, everywhere is in the south. Seems like a late start. We need a BIG storm!

It can change virtually over night.

• Like 1

Me and Miss' are heading up Tues, departing Friday. Staying at the Thriftlodge.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

It can change virtually over night.

Yes it can, but looks like more rain on Friday. I’m really hoping we get 5cm tomorrow just so I can get my arse off the couch and plow a bit of snow.

• Haha 2

Right now we in Cochrane arrived at noon had a ride to Smooth rock falls, a lot of traffic and trail is ruff, but can complain. Tomorrow going to Base camp and heading back home. So nice to put some miles early season. Thanks to all who involved to make trails available.

Resized_20191230_133819_3143.jpeg

Resized_20191230_140005_7924.jpeg

Resized_20191230_135955_305.jpeg

Resized_20191230_145854_9863.jpeg

Resized_20191230_142221_9428.jpeg

Resized_20191230_124932_81.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ontariof7 said:

Me and Miss' are heading up Tues, departing Friday. Staying at the Thriftlodge.  

See you Wednesday buddy... 

• Like 2

Made it up here yesterday, the start of a crazy New Years week, looking forward to the gang arriving in the next couple days 

• Like 3

Hey son-inlaw and i just booked best western.coming.up wed.nite till.sat

Nunz i lost yer number text.me

Edited by capster59
  • Like 1

Booked in on Wednesday night at the Thriftlodge... gonna make an overnighter out of it.

• Like 4

On our way back south now after a good 2.5 days of riding pretty decent trails. 

As a general comment, it is a bit disappointing how few trail reports are posted on OC. With so many sleds in Cochrane over the past few days, surely there are more OC’ers up there who can do actual trails reports.