permits

ToSlow

I have just deleted a number of posts.  They are not in the longstanding collegial spirit of OC and are offensive.  It is ok, and encouraged, to debate differing views here but to sink to personal attacks and bullying is not welcome on this forum.  If there is a member that you cannot tolerate or with whom you cannot be civil I encourage you to use the “ignore” feature in Settings.  Everyone is welcome here and should not have to tolerate abuse by people hiding behind keyboards. I’ll wager large sums of money that these insults would not be hurled in person. So, let’s imagine, if we can, that we are all gathered together in person enjoying civil discourse. And act accordingly.  

Thank You.  Have a Happy New Year and enjoy the Best Winter Sport EVER !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Lack of snow in some areas, demands on your time are indeed large influences on how often people get to ride and their decision to stay in the sport. After riding once last winter and now that we have a puppy my wife has concluded she isn't inclined to snowmobile any longer.

Depending on your personal relationship and strength of your sledding interest, that can mean more or less sledding for you. Whichever way it unfolds, all the best in your new sledding future. I am a dog lover, but would feel very confident that my wife and dog would hardly miss me while I took off on multiple touring trips. At least that is how I justify it, and I see it unfold with other couples.

• Like 2

I am in the stage of kids sports taking priority, I have a pass for this season but looking like the track will not turn a mile.

i am just glad that I got to ride all those miles and years I did prior and am hopeful there will be somewhere left to ride when I can return, which will be in about 7 more years.

16 hours ago, tricky said:

Depending on your personal relationship and strength of your sledding interest, that can mean more or less sledding for you. Whichever way it unfolds, all the best in your new sledding future. I am a dog lover, but would feel very confident that my wife and dog would hardly miss me while I took off on multiple touring trips. At least that is how I justify it, and I see it unfold with other couples.

My wife decided sledding wasn't for her, to each there own, but she has never held me back or stepped in the way of me enjoying the sport.  

Whatever works for everyone.

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

I am in the stage of kids sports taking priority, I have a pass for this season but looking like the track will not turn a mile.

i am just glad that I got to ride all those miles and years I did prior and am hopeful there will be somewhere left to ride when I can return, which will be in about 7 more years.

Better hope they don't pick up flying after.

J/K.

18 hours ago, tricky said:

I will still be snowmobiling.... it's just my wife that won't be. She was losing interest before we had the puppy. While I enjoy it immensely there are limits on the distance I will drive to ride. If I have to drive 7 or 8 hours one way it just isn't worth it to me. My personal limit is likely about 3 hours one way.

Years ago, when I was living away from the snow-belt, I would haul my snowmobile at the beginning of season and store it in a snow-belt region (friends were very accommodating).  I would then travel on weekends or when possible to ride.  Because the snowmobile was older, my investment was low, while still allowing to scratch the itch.  Those were the days when passes were considerable cheaper.  Mind you, the Classic Pass in recent years on the Earlybird has been very attractive for older sleds.  Just my 2 cents on cost savings while still having the opportunity to ride for those with limited time or funds.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I will still be snowmobiling.... it's just my wife that won't be. She was losing interest before we had the puppy. While I enjoy it immensely there are limits on the distance I will drive to ride. If I have to drive 7 or 8 hours one way it just isn't worth it to me. My personal limit is likely about 3 hours one way.

I'm on the other side of the coin, kinda.

I don't enjoy the sport as much as I used to, or at least not as much when riding around home. I do enjoy getting away to somewhere different, and half the fun is just getting there, for me anyway. 

I can't do the 7-8 hours every year, but enjoy it when I do.

Edited by Crow
Added information