How long of a trailer for 3 sleds?

scottyr

Thinking about getting rid of my 6x12 enclosed dirt bike hauler and my Triton clamshell and just going to 1 longer v-nose trailer.    I want to be able to carry 3 long track sleds.    Will a 7x19 cut it or do I need to look at a longer one?   

Long tracks as in 137" or longer?.  If going Triton,  a XT, or a PR 187 will doo the trick for 3 137"s. In my old XT 147, i have had 3 129" Mxz's in there. If your going with 3 longer then 137s, i would be looking at a 4 place. Just make sure what you buy, is what you want to be hauling around all the time. I.E, if your only taking 3 sleds once in a while, do you really want a 3 place all the time,  etc...Good luck with your decision. :right_on:.

Edited by TURBO DOO

I did the same thing this year.  I got rid of my landscape trailer that I used for my SxS, and I also sold my Triton Hybrid that I used for the sleds.   
I looked at a lot of trailers and ended up with a 7’ wide, 18’ long with a 5’ vee.   

It’ll easily hold 3 sleds as well as my SxS and an ATV.   

Check out www.becknertrIlers.com.  
I saved thousands buying direct!  

6D60975A-2954-4B4D-A18C-AAB5FC5978B0.jpeg

268C8772-05BC-48FC-8BB3-21AD2EAFB585.jpeg

most rated 18' trailers are actually 18 feet of box space, with a 4-5' V front, for the front ramp door, (so think 22-23' of enclosed trailer space). make sure to look at specs BEFORE PURCHASE, all mfgr's list specs different. one 16-18' trailer is not the same as the next. your best bet is to find the trailer you want, tape out that dimension on the floor of garage or driveway, then "load your sleds" into the taped space to see how easy, or how hard it is. if you dont, you may be in for a rude awakening upon your maiden voyage with the new hauler. your results may vary. Ski

• Like 2

Very useful thread. Thanks to all for their input. Have you decided Scott?

My 7.5 x 16 will hold three sleds.  It’s a bit of a pain to back one in, but usually I am only carrying two.

1240B247-E8CD-4D39-91DD-CC960D383129.jpeg

43C1E89B-33EC-429A-AFDA-21C336A09501.jpeg

• Like 1

For what its worth, my Triton 716 will fit 3 sleds. It’s not a V nose but light and easy to pull. I normally move 2 sleds and a pop up fish hut but 3 will fit.