D TRAIL LOOP SOUTH OF C101D

I just noticed on the ITG that there is a loop on the D trail about 19 km. south of C101D Both sides of the loop are marked as D. The west side is about 15 km. and the east side appears to be about 23 km. I've never noticed this loop before. Is it new? Is it a one-way portion on the D trail??

Where are you looking? I dont see anything south of c101d as trail 15 is closed? 

44 minutes ago, reevester said:

Where are you looking? I dont see anything south of c101d as trail 15 is closed? 

Dloop.png

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Dloop.png

I was looking a c101d and D in Gravenhurst. :baghead:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I just noticed on the ITG that there is a loop on the D trail about 19 km. south of C101D Both sides of the loop are marked as D. The west side is about 15 km. and the east side appears to be about 23 km. I've never noticed this loop before. Is it new? Is it a one-way portion on the D trail??

The new "west" trail was cut and opened last season by the Soo Trailblazers.  The old "east" part was the old trail.  Perhaps they are keeping it on the map for future need if logging takes the new shorter side.  The new west side bypasses a wet area north of Toll Creek Road where it seems to washout during warmups and beavers have caused issues in the past.  The old east route is partly the big haul road which connected Chapleau to Searchmont and had been logged over several seasons causing issues in past years.  That was the fast open area along the Hydro Lines where the road ran.  I believe the east side will be used when possible.

I heard the logging is taking Whitman Dam road and a bypass will be groomed around that this year as it has in the past.  I heard something about another washout also, but have not ridden from Searchmont yet.    

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

The new "west" trail was cut and opened last season by the Soo Trailblazers.  The old "east" part was the old trail.  Perhaps they are keeping it on the map for future need if logging takes the new shorter side.  The new west side bypasses a wet area north of Toll Creek Road where it seems to washout during warmups and beavers have caused issues in the past.  The old east route is partly the big haul road which connected Chapleau to Searchmont and had been logged over several seasons causing issues in past years.  That was the fast open area along the Hydro Lines where the road ran.  I believe the east side will be used when possible.

I heard the logging is taking Whitman Dam road and a bypass will be groomed around that this year as it has in the past.  I heard something about another washout also, but have not ridden from Searchmont yet.    

Thanks for the info..:right_on:..