Best landowner ever

Dave K

I had a visit with, and dropped off a block of landowner cheese on Monday at one of our landowners who is trying to get his crops off.  On Tues he sent me a message saying he is going to take off the 24 rows along the edge of the field so we can get the stakes in.  This is a non snowmobiling landowner.  #respectthelandowner.  #didnthaveto  #thankyou  

PvREF9JXys1AN3iwDNA4fmOVgn8ZVLjv5CRLuuF-ymH1qyEUpKjLC2HQ8hFqBsC08C6-K5olKQKn_u5R1wh5FClOU1-mYTSckzAXfw9LnJJtjjxzlTbsvzNtzoEG0fTXgCZoFwxgm1UJkbUcHSl6j-URlmUY3pVBDJJky3tGOA5_osNMe2W8NxrH1vwcAavR2oQUeFUs54lZ2QTVjyX6b_YEBv90LWCKsvBtS-7gaLEJExxs_CJKTUnIn6kEMMPjwAwjSGQCpbSCqjcbDcOFD310fNOWX3IEbqMDSEVih_ALRpgLPfXo6Yyahe2xh9tq8ccFTltwvjhj5ykakMkY9rDCdliZdtaQEU75HL3vUm0xRQWkNoxGi10GakKicJOo7oS8tuXuQT71LjRvM4viUrRT_c9scp6OjqfqlbZE0L_43dDBtOmxI7xqaW9m2Rcna5JK6HhBkZJl3rUY5Nn-ffQID6N25DkRiHqJzpTTQS4sEtB7gn-KQQmN9RhupSqGK-0bC8jXlwQ5gd840xkV7yr0bFJthMEk55Ynq4cJoSgNrV6WVGFGKWPy3jNlZj7gsq2nRfGZRQjdzyIuK3g5Z8LtHX2zOB3DMPfG71RaZAVZRizhRLm-vZIFE_waWP3IkTqGo1z3BgtcmwkQ4KS2iseXIZTkMPsLvF0pyVGxw_7RCNXMOSiOVrHM=w834-h625-no

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Dave K said:

I had a visit with, and dropped off a block of landowner cheese on Monday at one of our landowners who is trying to get his crops off.  On Tues he sent me a message saying he is going to take off the 24 rows along the edge of the field so we can get the stakes in.  This is a non snowmobiling landowner.  #respectthelandowner.  #didnthaveto  #thankyou  

PvREF9JXys1AN3iwDNA4fmOVgn8ZVLjv5CRLuuF-ymH1qyEUpKjLC2HQ8hFqBsC08C6-K5olKQKn_u5R1wh5FClOU1-mYTSckzAXfw9LnJJtjjxzlTbsvzNtzoEG0fTXgCZoFwxgm1UJkbUcHSl6j-URlmUY3pVBDJJky3tGOA5_osNMe2W8NxrH1vwcAavR2oQUeFUs54lZ2QTVjyX6b_YEBv90LWCKsvBtS-7gaLEJExxs_CJKTUnIn6kEMMPjwAwjSGQCpbSCqjcbDcOFD310fNOWX3IEbqMDSEVih_ALRpgLPfXo6Yyahe2xh9tq8ccFTltwvjhj5ykakMkY9rDCdliZdtaQEU75HL3vUm0xRQWkNoxGi10GakKicJOo7oS8tuXuQT71LjRvM4viUrRT_c9scp6OjqfqlbZE0L_43dDBtOmxI7xqaW9m2Rcna5JK6HhBkZJl3rUY5Nn-ffQID6N25DkRiHqJzpTTQS4sEtB7gn-KQQmN9RhupSqGK-0bC8jXlwQ5gd840xkV7yr0bFJthMEk55Ynq4cJoSgNrV6WVGFGKWPy3jNlZj7gsq2nRfGZRQjdzyIuK3g5Z8LtHX2zOB3DMPfG71RaZAVZRizhRLm-vZIFE_waWP3IkTqGo1z3BgtcmwkQ4KS2iseXIZTkMPsLvF0pyVGxw_7RCNXMOSiOVrHM=w834-h625-no

Nice to see...:right_on:

I've been driving around the last few days and noticed there is still a lot of corn on the fields as you go north from Waterloo. I heard that a lot of the crops ended up with bacteria growth due to the freeze thaw and moisture during November.

Good to see the farmer helped you out.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I've been driving around the last few days and noticed there is still a lot of corn on the fields as you go north from Waterloo. I heard that a lot of the crops ended up with bacteria growth due to the freeze thaw and moisture during November.

Haven't been north but to the west of Monkton there was still a lot of corn in the fields 2 weeks ago. I talked with our nephew who manages a large elevator/ dryer at Blyth. He said they would be drying corn well into January if the weather co-operated. He said that most of the corn still out belonged to large scale cash crop farmers who just hadn't gotten it all off. It was 3 weeks late being planted and hadn't dried down too well this fall in the field. Drying is very expensive so they like to dry it as much as possible on the stalks.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It has been tough going. We just finished last weekend. With high moisture and propane shortage it has been tough to dry corn down and get it into storage. I haven’t heard of any serious quality problems, allot better this year then last. We got lucky and majority of ours was all top grade, with good bushel weights. 

Edited by Strong Farmer