Midland/GBSR Trails closed

soupkids

I guess everything should be taken care of within the next business day. I emailed them Last night. 

31576960-AA3D-4685-8613-37D27F271629.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

There yah go. Things are moving in the right direction.  Kudos and hats off to the volunteers of the club.

Yes forsure, from the OP it had sounded like GBSR trails weren’t going to be maintained this year. Glad they got it all sorted out. 

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Yes forsure, from the OP it had sounded like GBSR trails weren’t going to be maintained this year. Glad they got it all sorted out. 

Club,  volunteers and the city all coming together to make it happen.  Now if only some riders could follow some very very simple rules. Riding ON the trail, and only riding when things are open,  we would then have a Christmas miracle..:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Club,  volunteers and the city all coming together to make it happen.  Now if only some riders could follow some very very simple rules. Riding ON the trail, and only riding when things are open,  we would then have a Christmas miracle..:D

Yes, that would be nice for a change.

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Also using common sense. In the Midland area Trail 305 runs from C down to the waterfront and right through a residential neighbourhood park. In many places it's within 50 feet of someone bedroom windows. There are signs posted with the hours that the trail is closed. It's also a trail used by residents to hike, walk their dogs and cross country ski. I've seen too many snowmobilers braaping through there, not slowing down for residents who are using their trail and just being ignorant. A friend lives in that subdivision and it seems there are as usual the entitled that go ripping through there in the wee hours of the morning waking people up. I'm actually surprised that snowmobiles still have access to that trail. No doubt thanks to the outstanding work of the club volunteers.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

. There are signs posted with the hours that the trail is closed. It's also a trail used by residents to hike, walk their dogs and cross country ski. I've seen too many snowmobilers braaping through there, not slowing down for residents who are using their trail and just being ignorant. A friend lives in that subdivision and it seems there are as usual the entitled that go ripping through there in the wee hours of the morning waking people up. I'm actually surprised that snowmobiles still have access to that trail. No doubt thanks to the outstanding work of the club volunteers.

These are probably the same entitled ones, that are on various FB Groups blatantly advertising they're on closed trails, yet "I don't understand why they're closed, they were awesome!"  

Then when a bunch if folk mention the trail is closed and they are ruining it for everyone in the province, the post goes bye-bye, cause they can't take the truth... Boggles my mind... 

I was through the Midland area yesterday,Not town proper.Most trails were being well used.

The section of trail 02 is speaking of I suspect they will lose the in the coming years. It is really close to new developments It only takes 1 person with determination and time on there hands to shut it down.It hapn'd just east of there in Waubaushene a number of years ago..Funny they ran diesel trains through there with horns a blaring not too long ago.

13 hours ago, gtserider said:

I was through the Midland area yesterday,Not town proper.Most trails were being well used.

The section of trail 02 is speaking of I suspect they will lose the in the coming years. It is really close to new developments It only takes 1 person with determination and time on there hands to shut it down.It hapn'd just east of there in Waubaushene a number of years ago..Funny they ran diesel trains through there with horns a blaring not too long ago.

That's before the houses were there though and it was all industrial. The houses have been there for probably 20 years or so now. As long as snowmobilers play nice and follow the posted hours as well as no cans. It can likely continue. I don't have a lot of faith though in people using common sense.

The C trail continues west from there and for now appears to still cross hwy 12 by the OPP station. I wonder how long that will last as there are houses being built on the north side of 12 where the trail runs / ran through.