Ofsc ap

zoso

5 hours ago, zoso said:

So, why do I have to download each district one at a time to use the ap offline? This is new.

I noticed that as well. I would guess that it allows you to download only the maps you need instead of the entire province, saving space on your phone. I don't need any districts below 14.

2 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

I noticed that as well. I would guess that it allows you to download only the maps you need instead of the entire province, saving space on your phone. I don't need any districts below 14.

That's how it works with boating navigation apps I've purchased. They call it 'tiles' - download the tiles you'll need and it works without cell phone reception. 

Boating apps make it clear re: tiles - how and why. Not sure how it's spelled out on the sled app, haven't loaded it yet. A bit concerned about perceived differences between the 'app' & web based information. Since I only use it to plan, mostly web based use for me. 

Unlike boating, sled app never 'tracked' me nor told me where I was. Not sure if it has that ability yet, but that's a question for another time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

17 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

I can see where the full system would use up an awful lot of storage on a phone.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I can see where the full system would use up an awful lot of storage on a phone.

Last year it did not. I have no issue with it being a district by district download, but am glad I did check it out offline prior. I do think you can now create a route offline which you could not do last season. That is a definite improvement. Anyway, very happy with the ap. Worth the two coffee price for sure. I put it on my tablet and phone.

The reason that was given was they increased the level of “zoom” available when offline for navigation. This would make the file too large for most if you downloaded the entire province. This way users get the increased detail they wanted and asked for last year.  you just need to download in sections that relate to where you ride. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zoso said:

Found an issue with the snow tour section. 700250773_Screenshot_20191222-131035_GoSnowmobilingOntario2019-2020!.thumb.jpg.47875e6f70c33c681c2b55e8f3ab5e7c.jpg

Zoso, if you have time send a quick email to lstackhouse@ofsc.on.ca explaining the issue. We are fixing app problems as we become aware of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1