Hearst hotel

monte1214

Our adventures with the Flying Dutchman at the Companion Inn,  have always been a blast. Him on the dancefloor during  Friday night Disco night, we have also developed a saying of 'What happens in Hearst,  stays in Hearst '... I think Evil and 14Snow can say lots about his Dance skills. He sure showed the ladies last season in Val'dor a few moves..:rotflmao:.....And Denis knows not to come walking into a room unannounced any more..:rotflmao::whatever:. Right Buddy..:lmao:..

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just booked rooms 129&131(adjoining) at the back corner of the Companion for our trip the first week of March. Lucky to get them as I thought maybe Turbo Doo would have them for 1/2 the winter LOL

We now have a few dates booked there.:D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a update on Hearst. We heard from the Companion Owner, he has purchased the Queens nextdoor.  Its in the works to be made into a Super 8...Mrs Turbo Doo and i will be staying at the queens in march. On recommendation from Evil and Hubby.  

Edited by TURBO DOO

12 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Just a update on Hearst. We heard from the Companion Owner, he has purchased the Queens nextdoor.  Its in the works to be made into a Super 8...Mrs Turbo Doo and i will be staying at the queens in march. On recommendation from Evil and Hubby.  

I know Evil has said in the past she prefers the Queens. 

Just now, revrnd said:

I know Evil has said in the past she prefers the Queens. 

From this past few days, and 2 weeks ago, riding with Evil and her sister,  and Evil and Hubby,  from my point of view, next time we are in Hearst in march, we will be trying out the Queens. 

7 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

From this past few days, and 2 weeks ago, riding with Evil and her sister,  and Evil and Hubby,  from my point of view, next time we are in Hearst in march, we will be trying out the Queens. 

Why the change?...what is it about the Queen's that you (and Evil) prefer?

2 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Why the change?...what is it about the Queen's that you (and Evil) prefer?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know...

:D

They now have a continental breakfast in the motel, which is new ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Never said anything wrong with the Companion.  The Queens rooms have Queen beds.  Pool and hottub. Mrs. Turbo Doo and myself will give it a go soon enough..

Thanks, TD... and didn't mean to imply that you thought there's anything wrong with the Companion. I look forward to hearing about your impressions of the Queen's..

22 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

We noticed that Companion wasn't busy for dinner or breakfast. Super 8, doesn't help me, Holiday Inn would be awesome with my accumulated 460,000 IHG points. 

49 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

We noticed that Companion wasn't busy for dinner or breakfast. Super 8, doesn't help me, Holiday Inn would be awesome with my accumulated 460,000 IHG points. 

There is some attitude there between bar and dinning room employees no doubt. Last time, I was there they were rude about me and my dad sitting and having a drink at bar and ordering food. They tried telling us bar is only for snack food and drinks, not dinner. Regular dinning room not licensed. In past there was never this issue there. Service was slow too, since they were trying to prove a point. Breakfast was good in regular dining room, no issue. Not sure if this is an one off experience or others have had a similar experience. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

I told everyone the solution years ago.  If it don't start, it's your problem.  Lots of outlets in Hearst.

11 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

There is some attitude there between bar and dinning room employees no doubt. Last time, I was there they were rude about me and my dad sitting and having a drink at bar and ordering food. They tried telling us bar is only for snack food and drinks, not dinner. Regular dinning room not licensed. In past there was never this issue there. Service was slow too, since they were trying to prove a point. Breakfast was good in regular dining room, no issue. Not sure if this is an one off experience or others have had a similar experience. 

I seen people eating meals at the bar and the restaurant/dining area is definitely licensed I can vouch for that. 

Edited by reevester

50 minutes ago, reevester said:

I seen people eating meals at the bar and the restaurant/dining area is definitely licensed I can vouch for that. 

X2 we ate at supper at bar last time we were there no problem and have had drinks with meal in Dining Room for years.

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You sure you where at the same place???

Your story doesn't seem to add up. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

We have stayed there numerous times and have never had a bad experience, we have rooms booked there for our upcoming trip in March. no complaints at all from us.  Like IQ we may look at staying next door one time for the pool and hot tub. The heated garage is a big plus for us though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

We have stayed there numerous times and have never had a bad experience, we have rooms booked there for our upcoming trip in March. no complaints at all from us.  Like IQ we may look at staying next door one time for the pool and hot tub. The heated garage is a big plus for us though.

I have never ever had any issues with the Companion.  Always treated good there. Great when you call, the lady at the front desk says, oh you again?. Want more rooms?. We are just exploring other options.  And from our experience with Evil, we went over and checked the place out, and her room,  we will give the Queens a go. Its now the same owner as the companion anyways. We have also ate in the bar more times then we can count. Never had an issue,  unlike some pretenders. The companion is our home away from home. Just simply seeing what else is around.  Unlike some pretenders posts, our sleds never need the heated garage and start. Again another stupid false post..

Edited by TURBO DOO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

I have only stayed 3 times. First two was great never any issues and we are and drank at bar. Third time just that issue at bar not sure why to be honest. Probably just having a bad day. Garage is a bonus no doubt and nice drying sled out for next day’s ride. I go back again and desk people are always nice and never an issue with rooms or bookings!