Hearst hotel

monte1214

What’s the name of the hotel in Hearst that’s just off the A as you come into town from the East?

ITG isn’t showing hotels up there for some reason? 

Edited by monte1214

companion.

Ski

Thanks Ski. 

Also, Queen's is next door.

• Like 2

The Companion is generally my go-to in Hearst.   Heated sled storage and the restaurant is quite good.   

• Thanks 1

Companion for us as well, the heated garage is a big selling point and they have treated us well, I like the rooms at the back where you can unload at your room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Queens has a pool and maybe a hot tub.  The Companion closed the hot tub down years back.  You can still keep your sled in the heated garage of the Companion, but it costs an extra $5 / night and if it is full you are out of luck.  We still walk next door 15 meters to the restaurant and lounge at the Companion if we stay at the Queens.  We use both.

• Like 1

Both have their good points.

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

Companion for us as well, the heated garage is a big selling point and they have treated us well, I like the rooms at the back where you can unload at your room.

Just booked rooms 129&131(adjoining) at the back corner of the Companion for our trip the first week of March. Lucky to get them as I thought maybe Turbo Doo would have them for 1/2 the winter LOL

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just booked rooms 129&131(adjoining) at the back corner of the Companion for our trip the first week of March. Lucky to get them as I thought maybe Turbo Doo would have them for 1/2 the winter LOL

Almost the truth :rotflmao:

Be sure to message me when you get up here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Sounds like we may just miss you.  We are there on the 1st,iirc

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

Sounds like we may just miss you.  We are there on the 1st,iirc

We start in Liskeard then Westway on the 2nd and then Hearst. 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:20 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We start in Liskeard then Westway on the 2nd and then Hearst. 

We may see you guys at some point in the NCDN.  Companion Inn is our go to spot, but may try out the Queens this season also!. Either way, im sure Denis will put us up..B):rotflmao::wavey:..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Either way, im sure Denis will put us up..B):rotflmao::wavey:..

Don't you mean "Put up with us"? LOL

He has to be nice to me if he wants his hat delivered...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

Don't you mean "Put up with us"? LOL

He has to be nice to me if he wants his hat delivered...

Shhhhh... I like surprises...

I can put you up in the garage with a cot ... you'll be up every 2 hours feeding the stove though...

4 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Thats what friends are for!...:D

The best ones... :evil2:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Techdenis007 said:

Shhhhh... I like surprises...

I can put you up in the garage with a cot ... you'll be up every 2 hours feeding the stove though...

The best ones... :evil2:

Well that's better than the tempo LOL

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2019 at 8:53 AM, TURBO DOO said:

We may see you guys at some point in the NCDN.  Companion Inn is our go to spot, but may try out the Queens this season also!. Either way, im sure Denis will put us up..B):rotflmao::wavey:..

Other than a night @ the Villa wayyyy back when, the Companion has been our lodgings sledding or not. I've heard of others staying @ the Queen's on their trips w/ no complaints. 

The Villa has been thoroughly renovated and expanded... accommodations are top notch by people's reports. Might be worth investigating. Fuel and food very close via the Husky restaurant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Techdenis007 said:

The Villa has been thoroughly renovated and expanded... accommodations are top notch by people's reports. Might be worth investigating. Fuel and food very close via the Husky restaurant. 

Just checked rates at the Villa and it's $14.00 a night more than the Companion. Since we old guys don't like having to leave the building to get to the bar or restaurant + the heated garage availability, the Companion is the best bet for us. Plus the fact that Jocelyn and I have gotten to be phone friends LOL.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just checked rates at the Villa and it's $14.00 a night more than the Companion. Since we old guys don't like having to leave the building to get to the bar or restaurant + the heated garage availability, the Companion is the best bet for us. Plus the fact that Jocelyn and I have gotten to be phone friends LOL.

It does get interesting when you can call a motel/hotel, and they know who you are, what rooms you want etc.  My experiences now with the Companion Inn and Westway.  Say your name, and thats it..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

When we stayed there in '01 it was due to a change in our itinerary. It was fine (@ the time for 3 guys). My 2nd trip thru the Corridor & 1st time on the loops. The day of our departure for civilization, we headed north, toured around, saw the tracks from a pack of wolves & came back to the Husky for lunch & then headed east.

Someday, off line, I’ll tell the full tale of the male metis hooker from Calstock and his two buddies who followed us around town.  From the bar at the Companion to the Ballet and back again.  A couple of them disappeared for a while so two from our group headed back to the motel and locked up the sleds.  The talent at the ballet was awesome.  One was so hairy a guy in our group was yelling, “put your hands together for Chewbacca”. And 14Snow burned his blue jeans after a member of the touring talent sat on his leg.  Then, stepping out his room the next morning, another one of our group slipped on the ice from the dripping eave and concussed himself. Made for a dizzy ride to LucVille.  

I’m not sure what year this was or if it even true.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

Someday, off line, I’ll tell the full tale of the male metis hooker from Calstock and his two buddies who followed us around town.  From the bar at the Companion to the Ballet and back again.  A couple of them disappeared for a while so two from our group headed back to the motel and locked up the sleds.  The talent at the ballet was awesome.  One was so hairy a guy in our group was yelling, “put your hands together for Chewbacca”. And 14Snow burned his blue jeans after a member of the touring talent sat on his leg.  Then, stepping out his room the next morning, another one of our group slipped on the ice from the dripping eave and concussed himself. Made for a dizzy ride to LucVille.  

I’m not sure what year this was or if it even true.  

Reminds me of the old trailcanditions.com message board (1st place I heard of Doobieville as some called it), lots of US sledders wanted to know what towns up north had strip joints. I'll always remember this post, "What goes on in Hearst, stays in Hearst..." LOL