Cochrane.....Been a few years for me...Suggestions?

Grimmer

Hey everyone.  I haven't been to Cochrane for a couple of seasons.  Spent many seasons up there and now ride mostly Quebec.  Looking to get away over the holidays.  North Adventure, Westway?  Suggestions?  I only like the North Adventure because a couple years back we were there and it dipped down to -30 so the heated storage was great but the changing ownership left us scrambling for good food to eat.  Forecast is looking pretty good after Christmas so I'm open to suggestions.  

For us it’s the Westway, we are heading up for New Years 

• Like 1

STAY AWAY FROM THE NO VENTURE INN!!!!! (North Adventure Inn)

Westway is great, Thriftlodge good if Westway is booked.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.....Westway is booked up after Christmas.  Booked Thriftlodge.  Ride safe.   

12 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

The Thriftlodge isn't bad. Not fancy at all but cheap and clean. Terry's steakhouse is in front of it.

A few months ago I saw a post that said Terry's Steakhouse was closed (as in permanently) but I just Googled it and a Trip Advisor post had a customer comment with a posted visit date of October 2019. 

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

14 hours ago, sledjunk said:

STAY AWAY FROM THE NO VENTURE INN!!!!! (North Adventure Inn)

Westway is great, Thriftlodge good if Westway is booked.

X 1,000,000 on the bold

Any of us that are up in the area either on sleds or passing by on the highway usually take note of the NAI. Usually no rigs/sleds parked out front.

Last winter I stayed @ the the Westway for the 1st time. Quite happy w/ my room. Several years since I've stayed @ the Thriftlodge.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 10:18 PM, Nunz said:

For us it’s the Westway, we are heading up for New Years 

From DooTalk today:

c9993b61a261652e8ae3084f5272d578.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like trespassing to me.  We almost lost all Hydro ROW permissions a few years ago because of people not staying on the trail.  The permission is ONLY for the groomed trail, not the whole ROW.  JMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Looks like trespassing to me.  We almost lost all Hydro ROW permissions a few years ago because of people not staying on the trail.  The permission is ONLY for the groomed trail, not the whole ROW.  JMO.

Same thing along pipe lines. All have landowners that are starting to get sensitive to free riders going all over place too. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

A few months ago I saw a post that said Terry's Steakhouse was closed (as in permanently) but I just Googled it and a Trip Advisor post had a customer comment with a posted visit date of October 2019. 

They purchased an ad on the D14 map this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Nunz mentioned a 'new' Travelodge adjacent to the Esso truck stop.

Google hasnt updated Streetview. The most recent pic shows the Northern Gate there.

1160167804_Capture_2020-01-08-18-46-09.thumb.png.48e39f595865e49d4c3d16e4b6f72634.png

47 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Nunz mentioned a 'new' Travelodge adjacent to the Esso truck stop.

Google hasnt updated Streetview. The most recent pic shows the Northern Gate there.

1160167804_Capture_2020-01-08-18-46-09.thumb.png.48e39f595865e49d4c3d16e4b6f72634.png

That's the new Travelodge motel, and if anyone was wondering Terry's also still open for business, breakfast and dinner no lunch service.

• Thanks 1

Okay so the new Travelodge is across and up the road from the Thriftlodge and beside the Esso station and beside the other Esso station. Have I got this right???

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Okay so the new Travelodge is across and up the road from the Thriftlodge and beside the Esso station and beside the other Esso station. Have I got this right???

Hi. I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl....

:lmao:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

Hi. I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl....

:lmao:

We know a Darryl. When him & 1 of his brothers showed up, he always get, "It's Darryl and his other brother Darryl".

3 hours ago, slomo said:

Maybe Craig Nicholson can try it out and report back. Not sure, but seems to be part of his job..... Or not.

Depends who's paying I think

11 hours ago, slomo said:

Maybe Craig Nicholson can try it out and report back. Not sure, but seems to be part of his job..... Or not.

:poke2: