Superior Snow Challenge

signfan

5 hours ago, Ox said:

That's a nice trip between those two towns as you can play off trail most of it....

I'm sure that you could connect north or east if you are ok to ride "Wilderness trails".

I'm sure that there will be tracks between towns at some point that you could follow?

That would be fun.

1 minute ago, Strong Farmer said:

I let turbo doo lead way :D

He'd lay breadcrumbs if you got lost behind, LOL. 

( Nice guy - he actually would. They'd be white, you might miss them...but he would )

• Haha 4

Me and my chum rode from Mani to Hornpayne with Darrel Chisholm (District 16 Gov for OFSC back then) back in Feb '97 I guess. 

BIG snow year!

The groomer had been through to pack once, with no drag. 

The snow was DEEP and they just couldn't git ahead of it.

It made it tough to navigate at times with the tracks (trenches) in there, but if we started to bog down, it was nice to be able to git back to those at times.

The trail east outta Mani had a lot of rolling hills, and I was sporting a Grand Touring at the time (I was after a long track) and I would ride from the top of one hill to the top of the next, and then stop.

Darrel was riding that ole' VK540 that he had back then, and that thing only goes so fast, and with the airplane gears that the Touring sled had, I couldn't go that slow and break my own trail too, so I would let him/them get ahead a bit, and then I'd go aggin.

One time - kind'a near the end of Mani's section I think, I was coming down off this one hill and I didn't see the guys, but they were trying to wave me off. I had my eyeballs set for my line, not on them. Then someone jerked the snow ratt out from und'a'neath me! POOOOOOFFFFFFF!

Maybe a 6' drop-off from deep powder - to ... more deep powder. :D

There was a LOT of snow on the north shore that year!

They don't usually git that much, and sometimes hardly any, as you don't normally git winter storms out of the South too often...

Edited by Ox
  • Like 1