Gauntlets/Muffs

revrnd

11 hours ago, stoney said:

The only thing that did....LOL!

It seems all feedback on these are excellent.....hoping the Kimpex versions are just a good.

The other bonus to thinner gloves would be less fatigue on the fingers.....yes, getting old, out of shape, etc....

Pretty well.  They were the most reliable part of that sled

• Haha 1

From the 2020 'doo PAC:

20191212_090758-1.thumb.jpg.5c80378a48577bf852b7946bda85486f.jpg

4 hours ago, gobills said:

Lol those things are pretty close to muffs.  

haha they are muffs technically. But I like that they are rigid and wide open. I don't feel restricted.

4 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Pretty well.  They were the most reliable part of that sled

That's a very sad (and equally hilarious) statement .... :icon_lolsign:

29 minutes ago, Techdenis007 said:

That's a very sad (and equally hilarious) statement .... :icon_lolsign:

I wish that statement I made was sarcasm.  Unfortunately, it wasn't

4 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I wish that statement I made was sarcasm.  Unfortunately, it wasn't

You weren't alone, the 2 guys we met in the companion garage last year tearing 2 apart were not impressed. Me half snapped taken shots didn't help but they were great guys. I wanted to race the next morning but he didn't have spare clutch springs. :icon_lolsign:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I found the new Doo muffs are restrictive when doing a sharp left hand turn with your body pulled up to the tank. Won’t let the wrist roll over the handlebar. Any one else dealt with that?

17 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

I found the new Doo muffs are restrictive when doing a sharp left hand turn with your body pulled up to the tank. Won’t let the wrist roll over the handlebar. Any one else dealt with that?

My steering was frozen most of the time so I never experienced the ability to do sharp turns with it

Those look like a wind break to me.

14 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Found this. 

You will first envy me, then jump on the bandwagon.

Move fast before they sell out. 

Muffs

That thing would act like a sail. Good thing its on a scooter LOL

• Haha 1

I ended up drilling a second hole in the plastic re-inforcements lowering the push pin about 1", I couldn't go lower as I would have been off the plastic.  

This appears to be the simple answer (see my previous post); the muffs are now more centred giving me adequate room above the bar to fit my hands easily.

brian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

Found this. 

You will first envy me, then jump on the bandwagon.

Move fast before they sell out. 

Muffs

Soon to be seen on Townsend Street in Peterborough...

• Haha 1

I'm convinced... I'll try a pair of muffs this winter. I think I need to have a window on them though to see the control buttons. Being able to go to a lighter glove or mitt will be well worth it. As it is now the reverse button is protected. Being recessed I need to take my glove off to change in and out of reverse. The thumb of my mitts are to large to work with the recess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I'm convinced... I'll try a pair of muffs this winter. I think I need to have a window on them though to see the control buttons. Being able to go to a lighter glove or mitt will be well worth it. As it is now the reverse button is protected. Being recessed I need to take my glove off to change in and out of reverse. The thumb of my mitts are to large to work with the recess.

The window is almost un-needed for me ... the Reverse button on my '15 Doo is huge, and I'm very acquainted with the button locations now, so much that I don't even look for them anymore.  But yes lighter gloves, very pleasant.

I had been getting a bit of breeze in the left side muff, from the gap between the brake hose and the handlebar.  I tried adjusting the hose on the reservoir, got the gap a bit smaller.  Now that I'm thinking about it, a piece of 3/4" copper pipe foam insulation would be perfect to wrap the bar with and close up that gap.  In fact, there's a similar gap between the throttle cable and the right side bar which could use a piece of insulation too.  (not required for folks with the throttle by wire setup).

• Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 7:02 PM, revrnd said:

Soon to be seen on Townsend Street in Peterborough...

I get the joke. You can’t drive by a small town LCBO without seeing one of those outlaws .

• Haha 2

I agree with Techdenis007, you don't need the window.   The Hippo Hands on my motorcycle have none and there are a lot more buttons to deal with; muscle memory will take care of it once you've used the switchgear a few times.

Good tip @Techdenis007 for the foam insulation.  I saw the gaps and wondered how much wind would blow through.   I think I'll do the same, thanks

brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, -crz- said:

I'm with you Nunz.

I use the Powermadd X2 when its really cold

IMG_4387.JPG

Are you running the Pro Taper bars? Any particular reason for the swap?

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Are you running the Pro Taper bars? Any particular reason for the swap?

Axys Assaults came with Pro Taper bars. It was all stock. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -crz- said:

Axys Assaults came with Pro Taper bars. It was all stock. 

They look similar to the one Candubrain & I have swapped off our sleds.