2020 Ski doo Renegade X 900 Turbo Pics...

Turbo Doo

Finally picked up the 2020 Doo today.  As some of you know, i have been patiently waiting for a factory turboed Doo. After my renny 1200, i spent the last 2 seasons on 2 brand new Mxz X 850s. I must say i enjoyed them throughly,  but have always wanted another 4 stroker, especially a boosted one. Decided to wait a season and let Doo work some kinks out. I am beyond happy, at this point, and cannot wait for the season to begin. Thanks to the guys at Leatherdale Marine for everything.  A little side note, i have spent considerable time during the offseason researching the aftermarket ECU flashing,  and have talked to the 3 foremost companies,  Turbo Dynamics,  Hurricane Performance and Precision Efi. Lots and lots of things to think about, but a decision is getting closer..:evil2:..

A few pictures to share.....

20191207_162046.jpg

20191207_162128.jpg

20191207_162539.jpg

20191207_163622.jpg

20191207_163642.jpg

20191207_164414.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Another side note. I really Doo like the newly redesigned Pilot TS Ski Runner Ski Doo updated this season on the 2020s. Also love the new gauge package..

Beautiful sled, IQ...er, TD (gotta get used to your new handle...:D

Just out of curiosity, what changes have been made to the Pilot TS skis for 2020?

irREV

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

Just out of curiosity, what changes have been made to the Pilot TS skis for 2020?

irREV

The Runner has been redesigned, towards the front of the ski. Once home tomorrow,  i will try and take a pic of Mrs. TURBO DOOS, 2018 Blizzard 900 mxz TS Ski Runner profile, and a picture of my 2020 TS Ski keel profile to show a comparison..Thanks for the complements...:right_on:

Edited by TURBO DOO
  • Thanks 2

Looks great buddy!! Congrats!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

irREV

IrREV. Because i am just that awesome, heres a picture to show you the difference.  The green Pilot TS ski is a 2020 ski. The black Pilot TS ski is a 2019 and older. It shows the difference fairly well imo...

20191207_230417.jpg

• Thanks 1

Nice sled turbo doo !

Friend of mine picked up his Ren 900 ACE Turbo last week.

He's looked into flashing and various Turbo kits already. He was telling me Bondi is reportedly working on something, but nothing conclusive yet there.

My friend already has his slated in with Acclerated Tech for some work.

Also apparently TD has a kit for 225Hp on pump fuel, might be worth a look into as well 

Congrats on the new machine :cheers:

Edited by MXZSlider
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

IrREV. Because i am just that awesome, heres a picture to show you the difference.  The green Pilot TS ski is a 2020 ski. The black Pilot TS ski is a 2019 and older. It shows the difference fairly well imo...

20191207_230417.jpg

Yes, you're quite right...the difference IS clear.  The newer keel definitely looks more aggressive. Thanks, TD.

Nice looking sled TD.  Congrats

Very nice sled!

Is the bellypan red or did you have a skid plate installed. Looks nice w/ a bit of colour. 

5 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Yes, you're quite right...the difference IS clear.  The newer keel definitely looks more aggressive. Thanks, TD.

No problem..:right_on:.. For those that have the Pilot skis, there is a correct way the ski should be installed. The outside keel on the ski, should be to the outside,  not the inside, installed on the machine. 

Edited by TURBO DOO
  • Like 1

Gorgeous machine congrats!

This is the kind of thread Ive been waiting for. Please let us know how you make out with the throttle response. Not really a fan of that spinner throttle thing either, was thinking pinning it in place might be the way to go but Im in dramland your in build zone. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Enjoy the process :mrgreen:

56 minutes ago, crispy said:

Gorgeous machine congrats!

This is the kind of thread Ive been waiting for. Please let us know how you make out with the throttle response. Not really a fan of that spinner throttle thing either, was thinking pinning it in place might be the way to go but Im in dramland your in build zone. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Enjoy the process :mrgreen:

You might disagree, but I'm very soon going to order myself a finger throttle kit for my 800 E-tec MXz.  Once you've tried the finger throttle (Doo ITC or otherwise) you'll realize that you have much more grip on the bar and it's much easier to operate and control with the fingers, than the thumb.  Also, it's more difficult to accidentally "bump" or snag the throttle in the forward position, preventing unwanted sled movement. It's happened to me.

i2uXF_9S7Lc6SfPD_YIjlIvHPwCfeEytrSSgKLRQNIq5Edeh1mbsN56egsUY4UMDRxb224B-R-7-giPNTvCXexCVz6WX2CUmspQkal0OvtrepSpoTlYUa-UGiWJTxb4D0irlH6N43TVzHwSYfN7g1MvrsunMueQAKpiInKC-JDrUeU3Mf_KdKn-4r-YELN_ZdJNMISyShJtFEoHTK-mGcpr3e5T5d8kKof6Do7lrxL081qoL9aNVDnMZXoX2GX1YXrJRZ1OYatQrwzr9bjJi06VAbyT23fF3OSXDILudr5x9LRsj01prEMJ3aGxmYV2_15RL2v55Ip_uGskRx02_EN6glfpQTNSKyvsTO8RMzNRRq6w2PReWKEBGDZ83_WWk9CpYLmTyFUCA9P5mEaa9pPILLHqyjqtb0Rr7DgkWBcTMd8HkwQia0QbhAbXg8pJsn7XwlcK4Bpw6MbUc4gR94jtL-VjxOoh8VLo9GFgIp2LKr0JyRUgkw6In268LoVkOOIaYxRIUH2oIAWU7x0-IvoQYcTUpJn_4dDVpWkrAc8Uvc1_Zvaya2S4l5AU3Qpf1gqg5FgHMU5VJRDuFGPXsDoaSDbiP0KTFCjSXh0myYgOoAencGQAJjehtqUtO3kRw7D_5oWjn-eqhWexvOSMw1LvfxzUHK3-nMRJURrDfuZM6LBwiOQ3_jA=w1621-h912-no

One of my customers has them on his and his sons' Summits.  He says he'll never go back.  It has a heater element built-in which is direct plug-and-play into the OEM connector.

Sorry for the thread hijack IQ Doo ... 

4 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

No problem..:right_on:.. For those that have the Pilot skis, there is a correct way the ski should be installed. The outside keel on the ski, should be to the outside,  not the inside, installed on the machine. 

take it from someone who bought a sled that had the keel on the inside, it is night and day in handling. I was having a hard time keeping it on the trail until i corrected them!

• Like 1