INLINE TRAILER

thetorches

Hello. Does anyone own or have an opinion on a Stealth Glacier 7×16 inline trailer. Seems comparable to the Pro Starr inline. I like the extra 6" intetior height and smooth roof panels. It also has two gas doors. Thanks for any info.

16 hours ago, thetorches said:

Hello. Does anyone own or have an opinion on a Stealth Glacier 7×16 inline trailer. Seems comparable to the Pro Starr inline. I like the extra 6" intetior height and smooth roof panels. It also has two gas doors. Thanks for any info.

I have a Stealth 16' V aluminum, and  all i can say it has been the worst trailer i have every owned, and i own about 8 trailers currently and many in the past.    From the start there was some poor welding on the frame and some holes burnt through it, and i had to fix that before safety.    second, all the spring shackle hangers were cold welded to the frame angle iron and one had let go on me in on route.  i had to completely rebuild this part of the trailer (cut off and re weld on new heavier duty brackets.)   in the first year i just about broke every spring on the damn thing, so i have up'd the weights on the springs.   The whole trailer had to be rewired just after the first year as there were many loose dangling connections behind the plywood that was shorting out.  There was much much more, but i would have to write too much....i would suggest doing a quick google search on Stealth trailers and read the google reviews.  if i remember they also have a facebook aimed at stealths bad workmanship.   and you will see many of the problems that i faced with this piece of Sh$t.   I now have it in good running condition, but had to rebuild the whole dam thing.   I bought it from Miska trailers, and they would not do a damn thing.   only trailer i had bought from them and last.

16 hours ago, thetorches said:

1500 kilometers so far on my Bullit carrying two sleds and associated gear. No problems and tows like butter. Barely any difference in gas mileage between it and the single sled utility trailer I used last year.( 7.5 kilometers per liter - 6.8 kilometers per liter)  No problems opening front, side, or rear ramp even after the ice storm. (did silicone the rubber parts as any normal person would) Re: the Stealth - not sure why a  smooth roof would be an advantage except perhaps for run off of sitting moisture - crenulated sheet would have greater strength.  Also the advertisement does not state ezee lube hubs or equivalent - would double check this.

6 hours ago, snowman said:

I have a Stealth 16' V aluminum, and  all i can say it has been the worst trailer i have every owned, and i own about 8 trailers currently and many in the past.    From the start there was some poor welding on the frame and some holes burnt through it, and i had to fix that before safety.    second, all the spring shackle hangers were cold welded to the frame angle iron and one had let go on me in on route.  i had to completely rebuild this part of the trailer (cut off and re weld on new heavier duty brackets.)   in the first year i just about broke every spring on the damn thing, so i have up'd the weights on the springs.   The whole trailer had to be rewired just after the first year as there were many loose dangling connections behind the plywood that was shorting out.  There was much much more, but i would have to write too much....i would suggest doing a quick google search on Stealth trailers and read the google reviews.  if i remember they also have a facebook aimed at stealths bad workmanship.   and you will see many of the problems that i faced with this piece of Sh$t.   I now have it in good running condition, but had to rebuild the whole dam thing.   I bought it from Miska trailers, and they would not do a damn thing.   only trailer i had bought from them and last.

Thanks for the info.

Check out Beckner Trailers.  All Canadian and custom made. 
Very happy with my purchase! 
7’x18’ with a 5’ vee. 

F84E6B71-8F90-469A-9F70-01A9D7920A33.jpeg

Edited by monte1214
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, monte1214 said:

7’x18’ with a 5’ vee. 

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, monte1214 said:

7’x18’ with a 5’ vee. 

I have looked at their website in the past Their website shows you how there built. Look very good imo..

Thanks!  
I looked at a lot of different trailers and was recommended to Beckner by a fellow sledder. 
Folks have come from Quebec and Newfoundland to buy their trailers.  
I also saved thousands buying direct from the factory! 

On 12/4/2019 at 4:52 AM, snowman said:

I'm with Snowman on this one.  I bought a brand new 2015 Stealth trailer and will never buy one again.  All of the LED lights have now been replaced, frame is rotting out, aluminum side panels have corroded right through, etc.  Absolute POS.  I bought it all on looks and custom ordered it from the factory.  Wish I never sold my Car Mate.  

19 minutes ago, Turbo Burgo said:

I'm with Snowman on this one.  I bought a brand new 2015 Stealth trailer and will never buy one again.  All of the LED lights have now been replaced, frame is rotting out, aluminum side panels have corroded right through, etc.  Absolute POS.  I bought it all on looks and custom ordered it from the factory.  Wish I never sold my Car Mate.  

I guess i should take the Stealth off of list. Thanks.

The construction is the most important thing. I bought our trailer at the sled show a few years back. People were giving me strange looks including some of the sales people when I was getting down on the floor and sticking my head under the trailer. I was looking at the frame, was it an enclosed rectangular / square tube or was it C channel? Was the wiring exposed, was it in a wire loom? What did the welds look like, were they clean and smooth? I can't remember the brand but one was a piece of junk. Then looking at the floor, was it marine plywood or was it chip board? Was the axle torsion or leaf spring? Then the clamp down system, ease of use and strength. Even looking at the tongue, how long is it. If the body of the trailer is too close to the bumper of the truck the amount you can turn without jack knife when backing up is diminished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

The construction is the most important thing. I bought our trailer at the sled show a few years back. People were giving me strange looks including some of the sales people when I was getting down on the floor and sticking my head under the trailer. I was looking at the frame, was it an enclosed rectangular / square tube or was it C channel? Was the wiring exposed, was it in a wire loom? What did the welds look like, were they clean and smooth? I can't remember the brand but one was a piece of junk. Then looking at the floor, was it marine plywood or was it chip board? Was the axle torsion or leaf spring? Then the clamp down system, ease of use and strength. Even looking at the tongue, how long is it. If the body of the trailer is too close to the bumper of the truck the amount you can turn without jack knife when backing up is diminished.

This should be a guide and check list for all those who want a bigger trailer. You should be getting  bang for your buck therefore before you spend your money do exactly the same as 02Sled did. Makes sense to me before dropping a few thou.

I would have liked to buy a Beckner, but went with a Lightning too. 

I think if I wasn't quite so far away, things might have gone differently. I live 610k away.

I need stand up height in any trailer I'll own, so that narrowed the field quite a bit. 

The only thing I would have changed on the Lightning is the chipboard walls. 

Any money they saved doing this, I spent on 2 coats of stinky primer and paint.

1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

I would have liked to buy a Beckner, but went with a Lightning too. 

I think if I wasn't quite so far away, things might have gone differently. I live 610k away.

I need stand up height in any trailer I'll own, so that narrowed the field quite a bit. 

The only thing I would have changed on the Lightning is the chipboard walls. 

Any money they saved doing this, I spent on 2 coats of stinky primer and paint.

My is all marine grade plywood. They must have switched to keep costs of trailer down. Others like mission had chip board when I was looking.