Go snowmobiling Ontario app

andreyboater

58 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I agree for it support. Lots of good things coming out of Montreal lately though, that I use for business, both software and hardware related. Can even do remote trouble shooting for me too and automatic updates. Amazing actually, what can be done today. Quebec is agriculture hub of Canada and that is why leading companies in sector pick Montreal over Markham. 

Being able to take remote control of someone's PC isn't anything new. We were doing that somewhere around 15 to 20 years ago. It would freak out some of the users when their pointer started moving around the monitor and things kept changing. It sure made problem resolution easy when you could operate and see their system from across the country. Technology is advancing in leaps and bounds.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Being able to take remote control of someone's PC isn't anything new. We were doing that somewhere around 15 to 20 years ago. It would freak out some of the users when their pointer started moving around the monitor and things kept changing. It sure made problem resolution easy when you could operate and see their system from across the country. Technology is advancing in leaps and bounds.

More like 25 years.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:43 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

More like 25 years.

Probably... essentially a long time ago. I've never been really good at lapsed time as to how long ago something happened. When talking with people and they ask when something happened I most often try to recall the model year of truck I was driving at the time to give me a window of years.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, Strong Farmer said:

Quebec is agriculture hub of Canada

Possibly for poultry production but can you back that statement up for total agriculture $ or by GDP contribution?

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Probably... essentially a long time ago. I've never been really good at lapsed time as to how long ago something happened. When talking with people and they ask when something happened I most often try to recall the model year of truck I was driving at the time to give me a window of years.

PCAnywhere ,  I remember connecting to UofT's mainframes from home via modem in the mid 80's on my IBM clone XT.  

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

PCAnywhere ,  I remember connecting to UofT's mainframes from home via modem in the mid 80's on my IBM clone XT.  

Mainframes are great... still alive and well and still doing things the distributed world can't. I remember early mainframes with 2" cold water pipes running through the middle of them. I got taken by surprise once. About 2 in the morning and we have a knock at the door. It's an IBM tech. The mainframe had detected a problem, diagnosed itself, bypassed the bad board and called home to order the part and dispatch the tech. It really unnerved a lot of people when they would call the helpdesk and the agent would take remote control of their PC. Now you've got me strolling down memory lane and recalling things like punch cards for data input, reel to reel tape, starting with 800 bpi up to 6250. Then all the cartridge tapes, which are still used. Dang I'm old.

• Like 1

Meantime, the Quebec trail map trail conditions indicator comes on line for the first time - eliminates having to go between two sites as per last year - FCMQ and SledMagazine -

map01.thumb.jpg.50b0b4ab09d4c4989f25e87d3152f4b6.jpg

An amazing display of excellence for the people it serves - while I read the latest junk email selling Arctic Cat sleds from the so called marketing company of the OFSC, I can't help but wonder why Ontario isn't at least up to this speed.

http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/carte-motoneige/indexen.html#map

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Meantime, the Quebec trail map trail conditions indicator comes on line for the first time - eliminates having to go between two sites as per last year - FCMQ and SledMagazine -

An amazing display of excellence for the people it serves - while I read the latest junk email selling Arctic Cat sleds from the so called marketing company of the OFSC, I can't help but wonder why Ontario isn't at least up to this speed.

My thoughts exactly.  Thanks for sharing slomo...Great app isnt it...

6 hours ago, slomo said:

So what exactly makes this so superior to the ITG at the moment?  Still displays the status just like ITG..only it took them over 5 years to catch up?  I honestly don't understand your love of the Quebec system.. up until this coming year you needed to consult 3 separate websites to find out if the trails were open to plan a trip, and you still raved over it..  SMH. 

I just tried to do a quick run on the site, and I'm having some similar issues as the ITG (i.e. it's giving me a longer route than I want to do..  I can't get it to take the shortest route even if I add a waypoint in the middle..

image.png.ffe2ea340c990a74bc2ef16dda850cf1.png

image.png.c4585a8863200eb1101fd84b394cf310.png

17 hours ago, paulslund said:

For one thing, the damn map isn't covered with the names of 10 million lakes of various sizes and you can see the name of communities.

On the little boxes that appear when you click on a point on the map - Click start for your first point, click last on your next point. Click last on the next point you want - the last end becomes the first waypoint. If you need changes, use the drop down menu and eliminate the waypoints involved.

8 hours ago, slomo said:

For one thing, the damn map isn't covered with the names of 10 million lakes of various sizes and you can see the name of communities.

Well you got me on that one.. I hadn't even noticed that before you mentioned it..  now I find it annoying too!  :(

Can u mark and save a home location

Edited by capster59

12 hours ago, gobills said:

Slomo i miss those maps too.  They were very easy to use.

Yep.....I also miss Port Loring, Ardbeg, Point aux Barille and other places which no longer appear on the current map. :( Can't be good for possible advertisers in these and other communities.