Beach Run - Wasaga - Warning

dirtybeacher

Just a heads up. The last storm we had caused significant erosion not seen since 1986. Many new hazards have been exposed, in particular tree stumps and cement drains.  It would be safest if sleds kept to the shore ice, once its frozen thick enough. But be aware that water depths can be up to 4’ as much as 40’ from the shoreline, and over 6’ at 100’. 

E226DC29-9810-47B3-A888-BC1AED5391F6.jpeg

C2392B5E-4E3E-4593-9121-4ABFA17B3CD7.jpeg

• Sad 1

Wow lots of damage to the shoreline.I also saw on CTV news the other day that Wasaga is not going to clean up the sand that washed in with this latest storm until spring.Where all the summer tourist shops are. Actually it was the Mayor that stated that on the news.

Edited by snowchopper

26 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Wasaga is not going to clean up the sand that washed in with this latest storm until spring

Yea the water level is projected to be even higher next spring and most businesses close along there in the winter anyways. There was a plan to build protection by the old council, but the new mayor and company seem to not care about tourism at all so canceled that.

• Sad 1

Not beach 1 I hope.

Thanks for the danger warning. Applies pretty much anywhere on the Great lakes (and interior lakes) that had higher than normal water.

Bicycle couriers call hitting an open car door "the door prize". 

Beware of 'stumpy' - guess all we can do is slow down and hope for the best.

I, for one, predict a cold winter and look forward to G-Bay exploration with riders who know the area. Haven't gotten out as far as I have recently (enjoy Port Severn to Parry Sound on the bay). Woods Bay, etc.

20 hours ago, Canuck said:

Thanks for the danger warning. Applies pretty much anywhere on the Great lakes (and interior lakes) that had higher than normal water.

Bicycle couriers call hitting an open car door "the door prize". 

Beware of 'stumpy' - guess all we can do is slow down and hope for the best.

I, for one, predict a cold winter and look forward to G-Bay exploration with riders who know the area. Haven't gotten out as far as I have recently (enjoy Port Severn to Parry Sound on the bay). Woods Bay, etc.

Yeah... you really need to know where you're going to make that trip. Way too many places where you can go from very thick to very thin ice very quickly. The old timers tell me that is what drove the construction of the McDonald bridge on C trail. It was a way to get north and stay off the ice of the bay.

Edited by 02Sled