Cochrane. PBR RIDERS FACEBOOK PAGE UPDATES

Turbo Doo

16 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think what Denis wrote about was the trail from the monument going west. The area that is red now is south and east of the monument. If I remember, that area of the trail goes through a lot of bush and swampy areas. 

Correct.  There is a loop around a water hole/pond and very wet area and some other swampy areas as you go to the east.  It was yellow and went back to red.  That's what I was wondering about.  Hearst is no longer connected to Kap.

5 hours ago, slomo said:

HEARST DAILY PLANET

December 18 2019

"A" trail closed at Opasatika - Canada isolated.

see page 6...

If you think that little red patch would stop me .... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:58 PM, Techdenis007 said:

If you think that little red patch would stop me .... 

Last season I got my ski caught in a crack and it traveled until it wedged under frozen sod.  My daughter and I were not letting a little red patch stop us either.  I got lots of negative feedback over that and was asked to never go on red trail sections again.  I am trying to be good!  It was not on private land BTW. 

I was just wondering  if something had changed to cause another re-route in that section since it did show yellow and went back red?  In any event, many will soon be wanting to journey along that trail including myself.  Great to see all the work being put into the system so early this season!

Thanks to all those making the trails possible.  Happy Holidays. 

That particular patch is almost purely swamp for the first couple of km's.  Look at it on Google Earth, you'll see.  I would speculate that the section in question might have been inadvertently posted as Limited by error, or the contrary ... posted as Unavailable when it might have been in fact, Limited.  In either case, it's not the OFSC's mandate to answer to the likes of us, as told by another member and club volunteer on here a short while ago, while discussing the adjoining piece of trail to which I brought mention in another post.

Is that close enough Claire ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Techdenis007 said:

That particular patch is almost purely swamp for the first couple of km's.  Look at it on Google Earth, you'll see.  I would speculate that the section in question might have been inadvertently posted as Limited by error, or the contrary ... posted as Unavailable when it might have been in fact, Limited.  In either case, it's not the OFSC's mandate to answer to the likes of us, as told by another member and club volunteer on here a short while ago, while discussing the adjoining piece of trail to which I brought mention in another post.

Is that close enough Claire ?

It's marked Limited again this morning when I looked.

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It's marked Limited again this morning when I looked.

Yes I saw that as well. This is why I was thinking that there may have been an error made somewhere.  It happens.