Day trip out of Gowganda

Sheza Renegade

Can anyone elabrate on a day trip out of Gowganda, returning to lodge before dark.  Thank you

Over to Tata Chika Pika for lunch?

• Like 1

Sudbury for lunch.

New liskeard, timm8ns

• Like 1

Never sledding area before I didn't know how many miles you could out on doing speed limit and trail conditions.  I know it's easy to put the miles on in Cochran,. Don't try that around orillia area.

Last season during our Great Big Loop trip, we left T-C-P @ 9 AM. We stopped @ Gowganda for lunch & fuel @ 1:15 PM. The distance was 105 miles/172 klicks. If that's too much for you to tackle:

J&L Lakeside Resort is 88 miles/144 klicks from Gowganda, they have food.

Minakwa Lodge is 80 miles/131 klicks out, they have fuel, but as far as I know, no meals.

There is no gas @ Mattagami FN, not sure if the store & restaurant are still open or not.

Thank you

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Imo, i would either run sudbury for lunch/fuel, or New liskeard way for lunch/fuel. That way you can add a loop or so, depending on time, weather,  trail conditions etc..Tatachikapika for lunch and back, pretty much same trails, up and back..

That's true.

11 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Imo, i would either run sudbury for lunch/fuel, or New liskeard way for lunch/fuel. That way you can add a loop or so, depending on time, weather,  trail conditions etc..Tatachikapika for lunch and back, pretty much same trails, up and back..

I agree. Tata Chika Pika is overated and expensive. The trails are nice though and windy especially on the Hydro Line..... it's a lonely ride with no one passing for long periods. Back in 1913 I did it from Timmins and met a woman who tried to turn her sled around and got stuck. When I came up she was so grateful....she was stuck for 2 hrs. Helped her get her sled out and she was on her way.

If you do that trip.... don't go it alone. Cheers.

• Like 1

1913?  You have been sledding for a while, haven't you?  :rotflmao:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

I agree. Tata Chika Pika is overated and expensive. The trails are nice though and windy especially on the Hydro Line..... it's a lonely ride with no one passing for long periods...

Hey, Ty...when's the last time you were at TCP???  New owners a year or so ago have rejuvenated the place.  5 of us were there overnight on our big northern loop last season, and really enjoyed our stay...excellent food and service, all at a reasonable cost, IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Hey, Ty...when's the last time you were at TCP???  New owners a year or so ago have rejuvenated the place.  5 of us were there overnight on our big northern loop last season, and really enjoyed our stay...excellent food and service, all at a reasonable cost, IMO.

He said 1913...:poke2:...:lmao:...

• Like 1

Gowganda up to Kirkland lake for lunch and gas and back is a good one also 

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

Gowganda up to Kirkland lake for lunch and gas and back is a good one also 

I agree, you can go one way, and back another,  head up from Elk lake and come back thru New liskeard.  Lots of old logging roads that are great also, if you know the backcountry around gowganda and elk lake.

On 11/23/2019 at 12:17 AM, sheza Classic said:

Never sledding area before I didn't know how many miles you could out on doing speed limit and trail conditions.  I know it's easy to put the miles on in Cochran,. Don't try that around orillia area.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:31 PM, zoso said:

speedlimit, not too far.

LOL...I was reading this post and thinking the exact same thing.

You know they had to add a place to sleep in the Canyon, otherwise doing the speed limit, I am not sure you would be able to make the return trip following the "rules"....:icon_munching:

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

LOL...I was reading this post and thinking the exact same thing.

You know they had to add a place to sleep in the Canyon, otherwise doing the speed limit, I am not sure you would be able to make the return trip following the "rules"....:icon_munching:

Rules,  what rules. Right techdenis007. Our Hornepayne tour last season.  Yup. :evil2:..

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Rules,  what rules. Right techdenis007. Our Hornepayne tour last season.  Yup. :evil2:..

Reading the bold brings this to mind LOL

1100768940_SierraMadre.jpg.73a656a54321b8a16c7076ab53f4b968.jpg

Which 1 is you & who is Denis?

33 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Reading the bold brings this to mind LOL

1100768940_SierraMadre.jpg.73a656a54321b8a16c7076ab53f4b968.jpg

Which 1 is you & who is Denis?

:baghead:

• Haha 1