Arctic Cats new Blast models.

Baylaker

Been looking at these new blast models from cat lately, thinking about possibly getting one for the wife but not sure if it’ll be enough power. The other option is a 6000 c-tec. Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on these new sleds. I think they did very well with targeting the first time rider, smaller women and teenagers. I thought forsure they might have been around $8k, not $10-$11k. Pretty cool sled overall.

Single cylinder 2 stroke????  Going backwards if you ask me.  That's a perked up Yamaha Bravo.  Nothing more.  You can buy a 600 carb MXZ or even better is a 600 ACE renegade for the same or less money.  Same horsepower or more and the 600 ace will be twice as good on fuel.  Anyone who considers these new cats is nuts.  You get wayyyy more from ski doo for the same coin.  

Agreed single cylinder 400cc, not for that price.  

I'd look at an indy evo if thats what your looking for is a introductory sled priced way better than that.  Or look for a year or two old indy 550 full size.

They are light and easy to maneuver around.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gobills said:

Agreed single cylinder 400cc, not for that price.  

I'd look at an indy evo if thats what your looking for is a introductory sled priced way better than that.  Or look for a year or two old indy 550 full size.

They are light and easy to maneuver around.

Well said..

• Like 1

I am not sure if you could legally ride one of these on OFSC trails. Perhaps someone here knows.

Carmen

13 minutes ago, Redfire427 said:

I am not sure if you could legally ride one of these on OFSC trails. Perhaps someone here knows.

Carmen

I don't see that being an issue.  It has 2 ski's and a track.  They will be registered as a motorised snow vehicle.  From what I know you can permit almost any of the smaller sleds.

Not sure why there would be any issue riding a Blast on OFSC trails. Am I missing something?

By the specs, the Blast may have found a unique niche. If they're around 400 lbs, 65 hp should work fine and be easy to handle.

Edited by Blake G

Purchased a new non current (2018) 2000 lynx es 2000 for my Mrs last Feb for $4500 plus plus.  i think it was $6k out the door.  Damn good value and she loves it.

• Like 1

Seems like a great sled for that beginner market but they missed the price by $3-4K.

I hope Cat wasn't thinking this sled was going to save them from extinction.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

I Googled it & found it described it as mid-size. I hadn't heard of the sled

111919_BLAST_BIG.thumb.jpg.6cc0485fc3550ea1afc0d8196e28a295.jpg

Any pics of it alongside another sled?

You can bet Yamaha will release an identical sled and call it the SnoSport... probably at a higher price too.

15 minutes ago, Grimm said:

You can bet Yamaha will release an identical sled and call it the SnoSport... probably at a higher price too.

Actually they have the sno scoot already geared towards beginners and kids just getting  in the sport 

10 hours ago, Redfire427 said:

Carmen

Must be a valid/certified Motorized snow vehicle and be insured...

18 hours ago, Puggz said:

Purchased a new non current (2018) 2000 lynx es 2000 for my Mrs last Feb for $4500 plus plus.  i think it was $6k out the door.  Damn good value and she loves it.

I’ll have to look into that 

22 hours ago, gobills said:

Actually they have the sno scoot already geared towards beginners and kids just getting  in the sport 

I said SnoSport

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zoso said:

small market, will be short lived just like the freestyle was. Cat is out to lunch on the pricing.

Plus the Freestyle (2 round headlights) was FUGLY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wildbill said:

you guys do realize that this is a small full sized machine like the jag or the indy lite was right?

Yes, not a 120 cc sled.

1 hour ago, Wildbill said:

I am amused that some seem to think that anyone would put a 65 hp engine in a production mini sled 

Just send it.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2019 at 7:27 AM, Grimm said:

It will probably be called the Enticer or ET400.  

• Like 1