Rockys Sudbury Cabins in winter

Sheza Renegade

Can anyone tell me if they have stayed at Rocky's cabins.  I understand they have no bathrooms and I am ok with that.  Probably February or March trip for one night.

1. Warm?

2. Clean?

3. Lots of parking for 3 Trucks and Trailers?

4. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

In response to your questions.

1 warm, yes, cabins are not huge, propane furnace if I remember correctly.

2. Clean, yes

3, parking, no issues at all, lots of parking.

If it you and some buddies it will be fine, bringing the wife, should still work out for ya ok.

Food Is mediocre at Rockies.

Easy to drive to by truck of sled, great starting point but, not close to town, 45 mins.

Having said the CTC and restaurants are located in the valley.

I personally would st at sportsmans lodge, meal and room are combined in one price.

Or stay in town at the moonlight inn.

• Like 1

Thank you. I will take your advice.

Moonlight inn is GREAT.  Firehouse Bar and Grill in Capreol has good food.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sheza Classic said:

Can anyone tell me if they have stayed at Rocky's cabins.  I understand they have no bathrooms and I am ok with that.  Probably February or March trip for one night.

1. Warm?

2. Clean?

3. Lots of parking for 3 Trucks and Trailers?

4. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stayed in the cabins last year for a night with a riding buddy from here.  it was clean and warm and parking right in front of cabin.  There were 4 beds (2 bunk beds) and lots of room for 2 people, would have been a bit crammed with 4 people and gear.   I found the food alright, you can use the store washrooms when they are open for a warm toilet seat, or when they are closed there is a VERRY cold outhouse to use (i think they heat it sometimes).  My wife would have never delt with the cold outhouse, but for us it was just fine.   They were friendly and if i remember it was very inexpensive to stay here, and since we spent most of our time on the sleds we didn't need to spend an arm and a leg on sleeping.

I agree with the above comments. If I recall when we stayed there (~2 years ago) in the winter it was 60$/ night so pretty cheap split between 4 people. But as mentioned the washroom And shower was in the main building And only open when the restaurant was. Also was kind of awkward walking through the restaurant to shower. 

but for the price can’t really beat it. And we needed it last minute. I would stay there again if needed. 

1 hour ago, Jason T said:

What did you think of the interior of the firehouse? somewhere you would take your wife?.

We ate there twice last year, great food and no issues at all, and yes it I brought Mrs Nunz lol

6 hours ago, Jason T said:

What did you think of the interior of the firehouse? somewhere you would take your wife?.

I've taken my wife many times, great food, fast, reasonable price.

I took a large group (nunz and company), no issues at all

10 hours ago, Jason T said:

I'm a firefighter.  My wife would eat at any restaurant with me because it had a FF theme. LOL. 

On a more serious note, yes, no problem taking the missus there.

2 hours ago, Dave K said:

I'm a firefighter.  My wife would eat at any restaurant with me because it had a FF theme. LOL. 

On a more serious note, yes, no problem taking the missus there.

Did you not pick something up there last year when we went.

20 hours ago, soupkids said:

Did you not pick something up there last year when we went.

Yes I did.  It looks great in my flowerbed.  Nothing like adding a little piece of FF paraphernalia