Sled Insurance - 2019-2020 Season

Dan-Senior

14 hours ago, T bird said:

TD is a joke straight up!... shop and support local!

Other than the recent hold times I have never had a problem with TD. I have made a few claims over the years and the service has been outstanding each and every time.

• Like 1

What till you have a claim with TD. You may change your mind quickly.

Took them 2 months to decide to write off my viper after getting hit. Than it was poor customer service reps after another to try and get it sorted out .. 

I could of reached the pope easier than trying to find someone who could actually make a decision there.

I bailed out of TD's grip right after it .. 

15 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

What till you have a claim with TD. You may change your mind quickly.

Took them 2 months to decide to write off my viper after getting hit. Than it was poor customer service reps after another to try and get it sorted out .. 

I could of reached the pope easier than trying to find someone who could actually make a decision there.

I bailed out of TD's grip right after it .. 

We have had TD claims and the service couldn't have been better. House break in on an Easter weekend. Called them and on the Monday they had a rep in our house. Gave him the details and the police report. He wrote us a cheque for $5K that day. Told us to start replacing things, keep receipts and if we found we still had more to replace and were almost out of money give him a call. Black ice on the 400 resulted in a right off of the snowmobile trailer. Appraiser came to look at it a couple of days later. The adjuster called and based on our conversation wasn't happy with their appraisers $ value of the trailer. It was less than 2 years old. She then waived the deductible. Cost to me to get a new replacement trailer was under $500. Lightning strike took out a bunch of the electronics on our RV. They asked if we needed money up front to get the repairs which we didn't. Submitted the bills for the replacement / repairs and had a cheque in under a week.

Edited by 02Sled

On 11/14/2020 at 9:47 AM, 02Sled said:

Apart from the 45 minutes on hold the cancellation of the policy on my wife's sled only took a couple of minutes to process. I can see them wanting to talk to you and have validation. I can see someone sending in a cancellation by email or chat then when the owner calls to make a claim being told you cancelled and it wasn't you... just someone who has it in for you.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:58 AM, Big Pete said:

Good luck with TD. I cancelled a sled policy on line on Nov 2nd. Got the email confirmation confirming receipt and stating I would have a follow up confirmation in 2-4 days. No response to date after a second online request on Nov 7 and 4 phone attempts of at least 45 minutes on hold each time. 

terrible service. Will look to move the other sled at renewal. 

On 11/14/2020 at 3:55 PM, gobills said:

Just did this yesterday, 45 mins on hold with TD.

Just paid my sled insurance over the phone, on hold for 20 minutes. Talk to a very pleasant lady about the delay, she stated on average it has been 45 minutes but things are finally starting to get closer to the normal wait time, but not there yet.

I wanted to set up my TD online account for easier payment while I was on hold, which I could not do by myself for some reason on there portal, talked to the first lady about my payment who said she would transfer me to that department once we were done, on hold for that maybe 10 minutes, but that is now set up and next year if I am with TD, just log on and pay my yearly premium....

All and all, not a big deal.

I'm feeling pretty guilty today!  I received a $30.00 cheque in the mail from TD Insurance for a good customer "Covid Rebate". I cancelled the sled policy that it's based on 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to feel better now. Yep, I think I'll be OK!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm feeling pretty guilty today!  I received a $30.00 cheque in the mail from TD Insurance for a good customer "Covid Rebate". I cancelled the sled policy that it's based on 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to feel better now. Yep, I think I'll be OK!

You buying Wings next week?.:grin:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

You buying Wings next week?.:grin:

Sure. I owe you for past favors.

Broker has called around - TD still best price in the game.

Like Stoney, called in, gave credit card number - renewed and that's it.

Now snow please and thank you!

Needed to get insurance for a 2nd sled today.    Emailed Desjardins Agent in town with VIN.    Within 2 hours, I had a response with a price and a pink slip.    They asked if I wouldnt mind popping over in the next few days to pay my bill.    Price was actually $8 cheaper than TD.   That was easy.   

• Like 2

Had to deal with our home insurance, we are insuring 3, our investment house, our current home (sold to a developer, we're in it as long as we need it) and our new buy, not quite ready to be in as of the time of the call. It got complicated, but you'd think with 3 policies I'd get reasonable, if not slightly preferential treatment. Who has 3 home policies?? Nope. Threats and headaches.

45 minute waits, and 2+ hour calls were the norm. Calls were answered by an agent in Newfoundland.

It's Diane's insurance co, had her home policy since the 80s.

Was a small local, now bought several times, a large conglomeration.

When I deal with my Desjardins (Was State Farm, only company remotely interested in green plated dirt bikes) for my 2 sleds, 2 bikes, and RV, I know who's picking up the phone, and who's going to be answering my questions.

It's a local call. I've never waited more than 3 rings to hear a familiar voice say hello.

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had experienced long wait times when calling TD for sled insurance.

Today when I called to remove coverage from one sled and add it to another, I was speaking to a human within 3 minutes. The rep said they made some "internal changes" in late November, to address the terrible wait times.

Deal done, paid by Visa, have a nice day, off the phone in under 15 minutes total.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blake G said:

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had experienced long wait times when calling TD for sled insurance.

Today when I called to remove coverage from one sled and add it to another, I was speaking to a human within 3 minutes. The rep said they made some "internal changes" in late November, to address the terrible wait times.

Deal done, paid by Visa, have a nice day, off the phone in under 15 minutes total.

Yeah most sleds renew before dec 1  Change renewal to July 

I called TD to renew in October. On hold for an hour.

I called them yesterday about an email I got for a COVID rebate to go back into my account... I was on hold less than 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

I called them yesterday about an email I got for a COVID rebate to go back into my account... I was on hold less than 5 minutes.

Must have done some hiring. 

The rep told me they hired 80 staff, but then decided they also had to do some internal reassignment to get the wait time under control.

6 minutes ago, Blake G said:

The rep told me they hired 80 staff, but then decided they also had to do some internal reassignment to get the wait time under control.

I heard similar and that a part of what caused the problem in the first place was people working from home due to the virus, people who were unable to work from home so a loss of their services, some of the people working from home having to deal with kids being at home and some other concerns.

• 11 months later...

So....what are people seeing with 2021/22 insurance rates.....

I just added insurance to the new iron, not too bad, I was expecting worse.

• $680.00 full coverage for the year

Still with TD - I did not shop around, could not be bothered.

And for the record I was not on hold at all, other than having to listen to the prompts and selecting my choices....guy I talked to was extremely nice and good to deal with as well, heard all about his recent return from his BC vacation trip!

TD Insurance

It was quite the ordeal to add another sled to my TD Insurance policy. The first two reps were trainees and didn't know what there doing. I lucked out on the 3rd call.  This years cost $226 x 2 for a couple of old Polaris 440s.

I just the renewal for my 21 Renegade 850 XRS with full coverage at $620 tax in with Desjardins.  I did a quick online quote with TD and the same policy was $680.    

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

I just the renewal for my 21 Renegade 850 XRS with full coverage at $620 tax in with Desjardins.  I did a quick online quote with TD and the same policy was $680.    

Scottyr, can I ask what you mean by full coverage. Limits? Deductibles?

thanks

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Called TD to cancel 2 sled policies today. Easy as 1,2,3. Less then 15 minutes on the phone. Will use TD for the new 22's also....

22s or did you mean 23s haha