Sled Insurance - 2019-2020 Season

Dan-Senior

On 11/12/2020 at 11:55 AM, 02Sled said:

Try calling Rogers or CRA.... just as bad or even worse

CRA calls me weekly, and threatens a lawsuit with Jail time.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Dave K said:

They've got your number Dave. Next they will give it to the credit card guys.

19 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You try to change something on your policy and they go thru 30 question checklist. Oh boy no wonder phones are tied up. They won’t except cancellation without talking to you as well. Have to do both. Ran into that last year with my dads policy. 

Apart from the 45 minutes on hold the cancellation of the policy on my wife's sled only took a couple of minutes to process. I can see them wanting to talk to you and have validation. I can see someone sending in a cancellation by email or chat then when the owner calls to make a claim being told you cancelled and it wasn't you... just someone who has it in for you.

14 hours ago, Dave K said:

If there's a person on the other end of the bogus call I answer... RCMP inspector Davis. Some of the others like tech support... I like to play with them.

34 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Apart from the 45 minutes on hold the cancellation of the policy on my wife's sled only took a couple of minutes to process. I can see them wanting to talk to you and have validation. I can see someone sending in a cancellation by email or chat then when the owner calls to make a claim being told you cancelled and it wasn't you... just someone who has it in for you.

TD' policy renewal has  a section at the bottom of one page that you can fill in and sign then mail in the envelope provided. It's worth the stamp not to be on hold for the biggest part of an hour.

Just now, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

TD' policy renewal has  a section at the bottom of one page that you can fill in and sign then mail in the envelope provided. It's worth the stamp not to be on hold for the biggest part of an hour.

I just put it on speaker phone mode and turn the volume low so it's background then continue with other work. It would take me more time for the drive to the post office, line up to get the stamp and drive back home.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I just put it on speaker phone mode and turn the volume low so it's background then continue with other work. It would take me more time for the drive to the post office, line up to get the stamp and drive back home.

Wow you city guys have it bad. Country people keep a small stamp supply on hand and put the letter in the mailbox at the end of the lane/driveway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Wow you city guys have it bad. Country people keep a small stamp supply on hand and put the letter in the mailbox at the end of the lane/driveway.

Letter? Stamp? What's that? I haven't used them in many years. I just don't mail things. Other than my trail permit and just recently the val tag, just about everything that arrives in my mail box is junk mail. Bills all arrive electronically and are paid online or are auto pay from my account.

Good luck with TD. I cancelled a sled policy on line on Nov 2nd. Got the email confirmation confirming receipt and stating I would have a follow up confirmation in 2-4 days. No response to date after a second online request on Nov 7 and 4 phone attempts of at least 45 minutes on hold each time. 

terrible service. Will look to move the other sled at renewal. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Big Pete said:

Good luck with TD. I cancelled a sled policy on line on Nov 2nd. Got the email confirmation confirming receipt and stating I would have a follow up confirmation in 2-4 days. No response to date after a second online request on Nov 7 and 4 phone attempts of at least 45 minutes on hold each time. 

I had a call that lasted a couple of minutes... just told them which one of the two was being cancelled, he updated the policy confirmed the new monthly payment and asked if there was anything else he could help with. That was a Thursday.... the following Tuesday the updated documents arrived in the mail.

I'll be calling them shortly to pay for my yearly premiums and see what sort of wait I am in for.....do not recall anything odd in the past, but we will see.

I am sure there are others ways to pay, but I just call in to pay with my visa each year, always have.....

3 hours ago, Big Pete said:

Exactly what happened to me last year. Had to call and fax info in. Glad I wasn’t only one after PLC blasted me chicken crap again. Once they got all info they would cancel sled I sold. What a pita that was. 

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I had a call that lasted a couple of minutes... just told them which one of the two was being cancelled, he updated the policy confirmed the new monthly payment and asked if there was anything else he could help with. That was a Thursday.... the following Tuesday the updated documents arrived in the mail.

I guess it depends who you get on phone and which office call goes too. Some go by crazy book and others are more lax and will co-operate and make it easy. 

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

That’s the way it should go. But you have to actually be able to talk to someone. 4 calls over a number of days, at various times during the day and was on hold for up to 45 minutes each time before I gave up. 

edit:  just saw this on the tdinsurnance.com website. 1-2 hour wait time. 

AF0605F1-F90F-43ED-96CF-D9C23152BF8B.png

Edited by Big Pete
Add screen shot

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I'll be calling them shortly to pay for my yearly premiums and see what sort of wait I am in for.....do not recall anything odd in the past, but we will see.

I am sure there are others ways to pay, but I just call in to pay with my visa each year, always have.....

They take the premium out of my account monthly... easy

16 minutes ago, gobills said:

Just did this yesterday, 45 mins on hold with TD.

whenever I call TD, Rogers, CRA or any of the large service providers these days I put the phone on speaker, adjust the volume and continue with something else. When they answer I pick it up. They all seem to blame it on people working from home rather than a call centre and short people because not all their people were able to work from home.

18 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

They take the premium out of my account monthly... easy

I prefer to pay some of my yearly premiums for various items in lump sum payments & on my credit card, this is one of them.....to date never been an issue, but sounds like this year might be.....

6 hours ago, T bird said:

TD is a joke straight up!... shop and support local!

That's what I do. All my insurance is with one agent, House, car, sled atv, farm.  Dealt with them for almost 25 years.  Never on hold, a real person answers the phone, and knows my name, and where I live.  If I have to see them, it's less than a 10 minute drive

34 minutes ago, Dave K said:

That's what I do. All my insurance is with one agent, House, car, sled atv, farm.  Dealt with them for almost 25 years.  Never on hold, a real person answers the phone, and knows my name, and where I live.  If I have to see them, it's less than a 10 minute drive

I use a broker too for everything except snowmobile at moment. Much easier if you    Ever need to claim. 

Just had a minor claim with my new insurance company.

Wifes car was hit in the parking lot at work.

The girl fessed up to the hit so I had no deductible but......

First they had the car towed (was drivable) to impact auto for an estimate.

Those that dont know impact auto it's an auction house for cars deemed a write off, this took a week.

It then went to a body shop of my choosing, 2 weeks.

Finally got it back last tuesday.

Although the process was a PIA the result was good.

My insurance is with wawanesa.

19 hours ago, stoney said:

Have always done the same, for the amount to insure just the one sled, slap it on my visa and take a few points.