Sled Insurance - 2019-2020 Season

Dan-Senior

36 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

That’s not bad guys. Try calling Rogers. Been on hold for over an hour before. Then when I finally get someone phone drops call and have to do it all over again. 

Bell is the same if not worse. I kicked them to the curb last month, after putting up with them for way too long. Goodbye and good riddance.

7 hours ago, Blake G said:

Bell is the same if not worse. I kicked them to the curb last month, after putting up with them for way too long. Goodbye and good riddance.

I was able to deal with them quite well using the little chat box that comes up on the mybell website for anyone else trying to deal with them - even with being upsent to a manager or whatever. I used whatever time I had to write out what I was calling about in a text file and pasting it into the box when they requested my problem. I was operating off a desktop though - I magine most are using their smart phones. 

During a recent land line phonage outage self help reporting and cancellation of service call went without issue. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

That’s not bad guys. Try calling Rogers. Been on hold for over an hour before. Then when I finally get someone phone drops call and have to do it all over again. 

It seems to be pretty common and they seem to blame it on COVID and try to explain it by people working from home instead of a call centre. Add CRA to the list... 1 hr. 10 min. on hold to be disconnected followed by 50 min. only to be disconnected yet again.

As for insurance... TD is the same as last year

Edited by 02Sled

11 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

It seems to be pretty common and they seem to blame it on COVID and try to explain it by people working from home instead of a call centre. Add CRA to the list... 1 hr. 10 min. on hold to be disconnected followed by 50 min. only to be disconnected yet again.

As for insurance... TD is the same as last year

Working from home x 2....

The call center itself may have some of their team "teleworking" making them perhaps not as efficient or focused on the task at hand, plus with the increase in more people in general working from home, they have more of a need on their home amenities like internet so more issues or changes needed, etc.....

I have worked from home for a long time now, it requires a certain level of focus or dedication to do it and still get the work done....some people just need more of a structured environment to be productive and working from home does not provide them with that.

8 minutes ago, stoney said:

Working from home x 2....

The call center itself may have some of their team "teleworking" making them perhaps not as efficient or focused on the task at hand, plus with the increase in more people in general working from home, they have more of a need on their home amenities like internet so more issues or changes needed, etc.....

I have worked from home for a long time now, it requires a certain level of focus or dedication to do it and still get the work done....some people just need more of a structured environment to be productive and working from home does not provide them with that.

It does indeed take discipline to work from home. There are distractions but managers can see productivity and work with those who have low productivity. After traveling I would return home and have a week or two of preparing reports. My wife would ask... can you take the dog for a walk, can you run to the store and get... the answer was NO! I'm working, pretend I'm not here.

1 minute ago, 02Sled said:

It does indeed take discipline to work from home. There are distractions but managers can see productivity and work with those who have low productivity. After traveling I would return home and have a week or two of preparing reports. My wife would ask... can you take the dog for a walk, can you run to the store and get... the answer was NO! I'm working, pretend I'm not here.

Issue right now is when it is recognized that a person or persons is not pulling their weight, you cannot take the perk of working from home away due to the environment right now.

This Covid situation is going to create a lot of bad habits for so many on many levels, with a lot more internal battles that never existed before......going to a very big hole that many are going to struggle to climb there way out of.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Issue right now is when it is recognized that a person or persons is not pulling their weight, you cannot take the perk of working from home away due to the environment right now.

This Covid situation is going to create a lot of bad habits for so many on many levels, with a lot more internal battles that never existed before......going to a very big hole that many are going to struggle to climb there way out of.

I have two customers that recognized they were doing quite well with people working from home but that some of those people were not pulling their weight. I was paid to go through their system logs and identify those that were obviously not producing and were taking advantage of the situation. They were going to restructure and as a result those who were not productive were being made redundant. The rest were given the option of returning to a modified office environment or continue working from home.

14 hours ago, Blake G said:

Both Bell (satelite) and Rogers (internet) kicked to the curb last month as well.  Still get retention calling . . .

I used chat instead of calling, no way to hold that long.

3 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Just got my renewal from Desjardins on the XCR 800.  They want $700 this year

My 2020 850XRS is $726 tax inc from Desjardins.    

TD spit out a quote of $650 on their website with $1M less liability insurance.    I went with Desjardins as I can just email or text the local broker and the policy is looked after without being on hold forever and I will always speak to the same person at the local brokerage.  

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, 02Sled said:

And so, if you're not here, she called in her lover :-)   Just kidding, O2

19 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I have two customers that recognized they were doing quite well with people working from home but that some of those people were not pulling their weight. I was paid to go through their system logs and identify those that were obviously not producing and were taking advantage of the situation. They were going to restructure and as a result those who were not productive were being made redundant. The rest were given the option of returning to a modified office environment or continue working from home.

You get all fun jobs. 

10 hours ago, sledjunk said:

And so, if you're not here, she called in her lover :-)   Just kidding, O2

That's one of our jokes... if I've been away I call to let her know I'm on my way home so it's time to give her boyfriend the boot.

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You get all fun jobs. 

They wanted impartiality in identifying those that were taking advantage of working from home. Online activity was able to identify the difference between work from home abuse and work from home discipline. They wanted to eliminate the personal aspect of... we can't let Dave go... he just bought a house. Not fun at all... the worst part of managing people was those times when you had to tell someone that they're now unemployed. Sucks big time. Fortunately I didn't have any connection to these people. Just a list of userid's and stats.

Edited by 02Sled

Just got my renewal - zero change up or down - exactly the same as last year.

TD btw

3 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Just got my renewal - zero change up or down - exactly the same as last year.

TD btw

In the insurance biz and using TD......I guess TD can't be all that bad :)

2 hours ago, stoney said:

In the insurance biz and using TD......I guess TD can't be all that bad :)

Lol, like I said, BEST coverage for BEST price, cars and house are elsewhere, and none are with the company I work for.

Edited by Spiderman

14 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Lol, like I said, BEST coverage for BEST price, cars and house are elsewhere, and none are with the company I work for.

I shop around each year... I can save a LITTLE if I want to have the sled with A, one truck with B, the other with C, the boat with D, the house with E and so on. The little bit of savings isn't worth the aggravation of having to deal with multiple insurance providers. One stop shopping for me. The one thing that may drive me away though is the "we are experiencing high call volumes and you may experience a longer than normal wait time". I've been hearing that for at least a year now. The last call was a little over 45 minutes on hold.

29 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I shop around each year... I can save a LITTLE if I want to have the sled with A, one truck with B, the other with C, the boat with D, the house with E and so on. The little bit of savings isn't worth the aggravation of having to deal with multiple insurance providers. One stop shopping for me. The one thing that may drive me away though is the "we are experiencing high call volumes and you may experience a longer than normal wait time". I've been hearing that for at least a year now. The last call was a little over 45 minutes on hold.

Well, a couple of things for me.

1. My house, vehicles and boat are with one insurer.

I use a broker for those - because I believe in some broker support - good ones do have value and they are necessary for a large part of the insurance buying public.

My broker does the shopping - it's their job. We talk once a year - review any changes - discuss coverages and discuss insuring options.

It's a 10 minute call and I don't have to initiate it or ever be on hold.

Do I need a broker to do this for me? certainly not from a knowledge base - but I prefer the easy chat than chasing quotes myself.

21 years adjusting multi lines claims - I have a very good handle on what coverage I feel I need/want and we get the best for our buck every year.

2. My sled is with TD - a direct writer - why - because apples to apples coverage - no insurer can touch the rate I have. It's not a "little", it's close to half in most, if not all instances - so that's where it stays.

I take 10-15 minutes a year on the phone with them - at renewal - review coverage ( changed it last year - dropped collision ) and give them my credit card number - aside from that - no need to call them at all and that's how it's been for over 10 years now - couldn't be easier in fact.

If you're doing the shopping each year - you apparently do not use a broker - but if you are and you are doing that work - then you need to find a new broker.

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Well, a couple of things for me.

1. My house, vehicles and boat are with one insurer.

I use a broker for those - because I believe in some broker support - good ones do have value and they are necessary for a large part of the insurance buying public.

My broker does the shopping - it's their job. We talk once a year - review any changes - discuss coverages and discuss insuring options.

It's a 10 minute call and I don't have to initiate it or ever be on hold.

Do I need a broker to do this for me? certainly not from a knowledge base - but I prefer the easy chat than chasing quotes myself.

21 years adjusting multi lines claims - I have a very good handle on what coverage I feel I need/want and we get the best for our buck every year.

2. My sled is with TD - a direct writer - why - because apples to apples coverage - no insurer can touch the rate I have. It's not a "little", it's close to half in most, if not all instances - so that's where it stays.

I take 10-15 minutes a year on the phone with them - at renewal - review coverage ( changed it last year - dropped collision ) and give them my credit card number - aside from that - no need to call them at all and that's how it's been for over 10 years now - couldn't be easier in fact.

If you're doing the shopping each year - you apparently do not use a broker - but if you are and you are doing that work - then you need to find a new broker.

Almost the exact same for me.....sled and trailers with TD, house and cars with a broker.

Works well currently.

All my stuff is insured with the Guarantee Company of North America which was just bought by Intact.

House is on its own policy with GCNA.

Vehicles on another policy below. 

$2M Liability on all.

2011 Sonata daily drive commuter car. (full coverage) $1516  Driving from Woodstock to Mississauga daily.

2006 Dodge Dakota. (full coverage)  $661

Vintage 1987 Monte Carlo SS (appraised $19,500)  $266

1985 Honda Nighthawk S 750 (no collision) $516

1995 A/C Wildcat Touring (no collision)  $127

2001 A/C Thundercat Widowmaker  (no collision)  $210

2015 A/C XF7000XLR (full coverage)  $364

2006 Toy Carrier Snowmobile Trailer  $57

I was quite surprised that they would do an appraised vintage car, and a motorcycle on the same policy.  I have been through two brokers that dropped GCNA so I just move the policies to the next local broker that uses them.  The brokers that dropped GCNA tried to insure everything through different carriers but was more money.  The sleds and the bike were always the problem.

I was recently rear-ended in Woodstock with the commuter car while crossing the CN tracks.  $4000 damage including the rear truck bulkhead panel.  Everything was covered including 2 weeks of car rental with no deductible charged back to the other insurance company.  No waiting on the phone even thought the reps were working at home.

I need to get rid of some of this stuff.  It will eventually die due to age.  I can't see messing around calling the internet insurance companies with rates and service like this.

Edited by Big Pussy
Updated numers directly from the policy.

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

TD is 1/2 of what Intact wants for sleds.

So, give us some numbers.  Don't keep us guessing.

22 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

So, give us some numbers.  Don't keep us guessing.

I know not directed at me, but my 2013 CAT 800 is 424.00 at TD with full coverage.....vs. your 2015 Cat 4-stroke that is 350.00.

I used to have an appraised 86 mustang that TD also insured for me once upon a time.