Sled Numbers

probill

I am looking for some custom numbers. Can anyone recommend a company they have good experience with in the Midland/Orillia area. Also what were you charged? I am not looking for anything too fancy. White with black border probably.  Looking for good quality vinyl being used. thanks. 

I just got mine from this site, he’s really good to deal with. 
https://sled-decals.com/

39FA4506-58AA-4F3C-8FE2-8B657662D546.jpeg

Two colour numbers are pretty basic work for any sign or graphics shop. You need to know the size you want (total length and height) , the colours (main /background), if you want them done on an angle you need how much angle you want (try to match any existing angled lettering on the sled graphics, 40 degree is popular on sled graphics) reference the XCR graphic in Nunz's picture, if doing angles ask to have the angle reversed for the opposite side of the sled. 3M vinyl is popular with most good graphic shops.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Just another note about validation stickers. If you buy a two year and then change sleds after a season they will make you buy a new sticker so I always buy only a one year.

Regulation 804 of the MSVA covers the requirements of customer registration numbers. A good graphics shop should be familiar with them but just in case....

(4) A registration number displayed in accordance with clause (1) (b) shall,

(a) be painted on, or affixed to, both sides of the cowling with the rear limit of the number being not less than 10 centimetres and not more than 15 centimetres from the rear of the cowling;

(b) be in a colour that contrasts with its background;

(c) be not less than five centimetres and not more than 7.6 centimetres high;

(d) have a stroke width of not less than five millimetres and not more than 13 millimetres;

(e) have digits of uniform style and height; and

(f) where practicable, have the digits separated by spaces that are not more than five centimetres wide.  O. Reg. 145/97, s. 1.

• Thanks 1

To add to Big Pete's post, try to stay away from 'script' fonts. I knew of a couple of sledders that had a 'fancy' font. It was hard to tell if 1s were 7s & vice versa.

• Like 1

Factory Rec in Midland can supply numbers. I believe they do them in house.