Newbie confused about validation sticker

Candubrain

I'm slightly confused about the validation sticker placement on the cowling.

My plan is to get custom numbers made once I know my license numbers.   I read this on another forum

http://www.paudashtrailblazers.on.ca/permits/safety/using-custom-numbers-on-your-sled-in-ontario/

• The validation sticker must be placed on the left side between the registration numbers and the back of the cowling. Validation stickers issued after June 1, 1997 must be affixed in the centre of a white background that forms a border of at least one centimetre in width around the sticker.

Does this mean I need to put a blank white sticker on my red coloured sled so I can put the validation sticker on it?   I couldn't find anything on the MTO website to support this statement.    This is all I could find

you must have a validation sticker on your registration decal.

There is an annual renewal fee for the sticker. Place the sticker in the upper right corner of the decal.

Can someone enlighten me or post a photo on how it looks on their sled.

thanks

brian

Edited by Candubrain

The validation sticker is about 1”x1”.   Not a big deal compared to the Blue & White license plate.  
Get the custom #’s put the Val sticker on.  
Trust me, no one will notice.  

• Like 1

I just put mine on the dash somewhere never had a problem 

• Like 1

I have never had the plate decal, custom numbers and Val on the hood somewhere close

thank you to all....steep learning curve here and I appreciate all the replies

brian

The key part seems to be that it be on the left side and relatively high up. Ours are in the top right corner of the left side panel just before the side panel starts to curl inward. The objective being that it be clearly visible to police as you approach. Same thing with the trail permit. Clearly visible. The best spot for it is bottom centre of the windshield. If either aren't clearly visible rather than just slowing down and being waved on you have to stop and point out the location to the officer. If they already have you stopped you may also be asked for ownership, license and insurance.

• Like 2