Hornepayne Food Options

matt17

Just a heads up that one of the options that I had encouraged for food in Hornepayne in the past, the Hospital Cafeteria, is no longer serving food to outside clients.  Due to some changes in staffing/services offered to the Long Term Care residents they are unable to sell food to non-residents.  I know Denis and possibly a few others had been in the past just wanted to let everyone know so they do not try and get dissapointed.  

Cindy's has expanded the restaurant area and the new manager is working hard to try and improve offerings and services.  Overall it seems that things are going well there.  

There have been some rumblings of changes at Uncle's, once I hear more I will update this thread.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Well IQTURBO, the Dutchman and I are going to miss that place.... badly.  It was great while it lasted... :cry2:

Cindy's is wonderful.

Thanks, Matt.

• Like 4

On 11/19/2019 at 8:02 PM, Techdenis007 said:

Well IQTURBO, the Dutchman and I are going to miss that place.... badly.  It was great while it lasted... :cry2:

HAAAAAA.  Thanks for the update Matt. We have always ate at Uncles, until our excursion last season with our friend Techdenis007 to the Hospital for lunch. All i can say was wow, what a treat. The food, the german chocolate cake for dessert,  the Dutchmans antics,  and the ladies in the kitchen.  What more could yah want. Glad i was one of the few to enjoy it while it lasted. I was certain it was too good to be true. But have pictures to share and show proof. Awesome spot for a lunch stop. Guess its back to uncles or cindys this upcoming season.  

20190216_131311.jpg

Edited by IQ TURBO
  • Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 9:24 PM, IQ TURBO said:

...  the Dutchmans antics,  and the ladies in the kitchen. 

I've seen the Dutchman on his best behaviour! No wonder it's 'closed' :-P.

It's like a Seinfeld episode..."what happened" "what did I do?"

The secret password for entry might be "The Dutchman isn't with us. Please open the door".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

I've seen the Dutchman on his best behaviour! No wonder it's 'closed' :-P.

It's like a Seinfeld episode..."what happened" "what did I do?"

The secret password for entry might be "The Dutchman isn't with us. Please open the door".

:rotflmao::rotflmao:.... Never a dull moment. You should have seen him last season in Val'dor, with Evil and her Hubby. Between Evil and her kareoke, which i have video of, and the Dutchmans dancing,  its was quite the night..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

:rotflmao::rotflmao:.... Never a dull moment. You should have seen him last season in Val'dor, with Evil and her Hubby. Between Evil and her kareoke, which i have video of, and the Dutchmans dancing,  its was quite the night..

The stuff of dreams.... :baghead: :cheers:

5 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

cannotbeunseen.jpg.99c195b8026466ddf499c2855e800191.jpg

Cindy's was busy when we stopped for lunch on our Great Big Loop trip

20190220_120626.thumb.jpg.cd248c355b341f4aad31632e1206d287.jpg

20190220_120643.thumb.jpg.0b8e12d8c06964434629c563d9d3729e.jpg

• Like 1

It usually is. Good eats and reasonable prices. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Thoughts of the Arnott stretch had me lying awake for most of the night last night.  Thanks Denis...:icon_badrazz::tongue:....

Before last season I hadn't ridden thru Hornepayne since 2012. That being said, there are a couple of 'sections' that I dont recall between Lennon and Myrtle lakes (on the GPS) that were VERY straight and 'fun' to ride. This is west of the highway. Is this a new section of trail?