Good news in D17

soupkids

Thanks for sharing the info, Soupkids.

I looked at the IAFG. Wow. So many trails in the north-west.

I wanted to head to Atikokan this winter...and now see trails way beyond that.

Appreciate the efforts of all volunteers to bring the trails back.  

Gotta wonder... will they ever take the next step....

It's not hard to believe that membership and tag sales are nill in TB as that town has all but outlawed snowmachines anywhere near town for  ... well, at least 20+ years that I know of.

Anyone that rides up there likely has a long track and prefers the trails not open anyhow. 

It boggles my mind to think that the North Shore doesn't have hardly any skidoo's anywhere, but even back in the heyday (before 2008) they didn't lay down tracks hardly at all.

D along the lake gets little to no attention, and I understand that the little towns along there can't handle all that themselves as there is a lot of klicks between Terrace Bay and Nippigon - in some wonderfull (read rugged) terrain, but with some help from TB they could doo it.

So then run up on A from Nippigon east, with a skiff of fresh on Friday night - and not even one track coming from the west by Sat night.

If they want sledding up there, they need to start with the local policy makers and get them a way to git in and out of town via snowmachine. 

If they were a sled freindly town, I would think that they would get the same US traffic that The Soo and/or Wawa gits.