ceo at OFSC gone

mike37

just heard  that ryan at the ofsc will be leaving in January hope there is not trouble staring there again   we will see   i guess   

2 hours ago, Doogirl69 said:

No surprise here. Look at his Linkdin page. Never spends more than a few years at a place. Make some changes and move on. Seems like a new trend with executives. This way no accountability for what you do because you are gone before the results surface. 

Sounds like government. Your spot on with the last sentence. :cool:

From this official statement from the OFSC it sounds like he is going to work in a family business;

OFSC Announces Resignation of CEO Ryan Eickmeier

Posted on 12 Nov 2019 | by PEw6fC

(Barrie, ON – November 12, 2019) – It is with a mix of gratitude and regret that the OFSC Board of Governors announce Ryan Eickmeier will be leaving his position as Chief Executive Officer, effective January 11, 2020, to help lead his family business.

During his time at the OFSC, Ryan has been instrumental in advancing a host of programs and services critical to our Clubs, snowmobilers, our partners, and the long-term sustainability of our sport. Ryan’s energetic approach to the business of snowmobiling in Ontario has altered the landscape and will allow us to continue to build the organization as we move forward. Ryan leaves the Federation positioned very well for future success, and we sincerely thank him for his contribution, dedication, and leadership during his tenure as CEO.

“It has been the privilege of my career to serve as the CEO of such a passionate organization. The way snowmobilers welcomed me in to their homes, clubhouses, and meetings helped us listen, learn and deliver on many new initiatives. My departure is certainly bittersweet, and I can only hope that I’ve left this community better than how I found it. I wish to thank the OFSC Board of Governors, my staff, our Clubs, government partners, and over 100,000 snowmobilers for their confidence and trust in me.”

The Board has named a committee to lead the search for the next leader of the OFSC. Please join us in thanking Ryan for his dedication to advancing snowmobiling in Ontario and wishing him continued success in leading his family business.

OFSC Board of Governors

4 hours ago, Doogirl69 said:

No surprise here. Look at his Linkdin page. Never spends more than a few years at a place. Make some changes and move on. Seems like a new trend with executives. This way no accountability for what you do because you are gone before the results surface. 

That has been prevalent amount the corporate world for quite a few years now. See their announcement @ a new firm & their resume is all over the place.

58 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I heard he was very good, wonder why he left?  

Our club president said the same thing & I don't think he's the type that would be easily fooled.

2 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I heard he was very good, wonder why he left?  

Probably got tired of bumping heads with the old boys protecting their turf, while trying to get something done.

• Like 1

my resume is the same but then again, I'm a contractor... :icon_lolsign:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slomo said:

Probably got tired of bumping heads with the old boys protecting their turf, while trying to get something done.

Can you name these "old boys" you speak of  ? 

There's only 4 Gov's of 16 currently sitting on the BOG that have been there more than 2 years, and only one person on the Exec more than 2 years. Out of those 5 two are women. As for office staff, we haven't seen it run in the unison it is now in over 10 years, less than half the staff of 14 have been there more than 5 years. You would know this if you were involved with a local club, or even just read the Go Mag and/or news letters the ofsc sends out. I think it'd be safe that pattern of turn over is the same for club exec due to generational attrition.  The bashing of good dedicated volunteers and hard working staff never ends with you does it Slomo ? I think it's time you put your money where your keyboard and mouth are, and take on a leadership position, be club, district or provincial...... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The churn that has gone on cant be good. Someone is just brought up to speed & then they leave.

How does that reflect on the organization when outside contacts in the industry & Queens Park see a revolving door of staffers?

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The churn that has gone on cant be good. Someone is just brought up to speed & then they leave.

How does that reflect on the organization when outside contacts in the industry & Queens Park see a revolving door of staffers?

It was nothing to do with the OFSC  it was Ryan decision due to pressures outside of the OFSC and he is helping Large with the transition I am proud to have worked with RYAN and I hope to work with him again. The board of the OFSC is the best ever. Please stop and remember that I am as far from a yes man as can exist these folks are doing well. (no I do not have meds) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have never met Ryan, but I have heard many good things about him. I do know there is greater shift in positivity at the Barrie office, from the employees to the board. The future is bright!

Best of luck Ryan, thank you for your time well spent with the OFSC...

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

I have never met Ryan, but I have heard many good things about him. I do know there is greater shift in positivity at the Barrie office, from the employees to the board. The future is bright!

Best of luck Ryan, thank you for your time well spent with the OFSC...

Sounds promising then. Thanks..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nutter said:

Can you name these "old boys" you speak of  ? 

There's only 4 Gov's of 16 currently sitting on the BOG that have been there more than 2 years, and only one person on the Exec more than 2 years. Out of those 5 two are women. As for office staff, we haven't seen it run in the unison it is now in over 10 years, less than half the staff of 14 have been there more than 5 years. You would know this if you were involved with a local club, or even just read the Go Mag and/or news letters the ofsc sends out. I think it'd be safe that pattern of turn over is the same for club exec due to generational attrition.  The bashing of good dedicated volunteers and hard working staff never ends with you does it Slomo ? I think it's time you put your money where your keyboard and mouth are, and take on a leadership position, be club, district or provincial...... 

He doesn't like sledders that buy new trucks and Triton Trailers either...:rotflmao::ph34r::evil2:..

Thanks to the members who have a ear to the ground, in letting us know..

Edited by IQ TURBO

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

The bashing of good dedicated volunteers and hard working staff never ends with you does it Slomo ?

Never bashed a volunteer or hard working staff in my life. It's the leaches of this sport that bother me to some degree.

We had a Milverton Club meeting tonight.  Our Club Pres had nothing but good things to say about the guy.   

• Thanks 1

There are no doubt a few leaches and freeloaders in the sledding world, but we have plenty of good people in the clubs, districts and at head office. Good governors, executive, staff. Paul Murray and the rest are serious about their roles. Good vibes moving forward !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the pleasure of sitting down with Ryan for a few minutes at the Agm this fall and was very impressed with him and again at the Toronto sled show, it’s a big loss for the Ofsc and big shoes to fill no doubt. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

He doesn't like sledders that buy new trucks and Triton Trailers either...:rotflmao::ph34r::evil2:..

Thanks to the members who have a ear to the ground, in letting us know..

Is that why you alway mention them or the new 2020 doo just to bug the old boy? :lol: :cheers:

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:36 AM, signfan said:

Wow.  He didn't last long.

He's a skilled and talented individual. I didn't think he would last long in such a small organization.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, Doogirl69 said:

Or go for a better opportunity, more responsibility money and prestige.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

He's a skilled and talented individual. I didn't think he would last long in such a small organization.

From what we were told he is going to help out his family's business, I can totally respect that.

• Thanks 1