Sault Ste. Marie - 2019-2020 - Season

Dan-Senior

it will take a few more weeks to be able to safely stake wawa lake, hawk lake, and the magpie, for liability reasons. we rode across dog lake last year on new years day, (a little slushy). we also ran the magpie, and hawk lake jan 3rd.  they are packing, grooming the trails, way ahead of last year. they should have a pretty good handle on it, for christmas, and new years weeks. we are going up next friday for THREE WEEKS! yeah buddy!!! Ski

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sault Ste. Marie

A few photos from yesterday's hike in Hiawatha Park in Sault Ste. Marie.  It was a white christmas for us.

ssm-0.jpg

ssm-3.jpg

• Like 6

Nice to see winter showed up somewhere lol

4 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Nice to see winter showed up somewhere lol

I was thinking the same thing. Of course a month or more ago, when we had snow and cold for a week in the south, I thought I would be sledding Arthur, Mount Forest and area, between Christmas and New Year's like I did about 4 years ago. Conditions weren't great then, but they were decent enough to open the trails up thru the Luther Marsh and back. Now with the Conservation Area insurance issue, we may get the snow and still not have a viable open trail network. Lots of reasons why I am glad that I long ago (1994, IIRC) I became a "trailer to wherever the snow is" convert. I feel sorry for the folks that can't or won't make that life altering decision. The real north is where the great conditions develop, and it looks like they came early this year. Keep those northern pics coming! The next week looks good north of 17.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tricky said:

I was thinking the same thing. Of course a month or more ago, when we had snow and cold for a week in the south, I thought I would be sledding Arthur, Mount Forest and area, between Christmas and New Year's like I did about 4 years ago. Conditions weren't great then, but they were decent enough to open the trails up thru the Luther Marsh and back. Now with the Conservation Area insurance issue, we may get the snow and still not have a viable open trail network. Lots of reasons why I am glad that I long ago (1994, IIRC) I became a "trailer to wherever the snow is" convert. I feel sorry for the folks that can't or won't make that life altering decision. The real north is where the great conditions develop, and it looks like they came early this year. Keep those northern pics coming! The next week looks good north of 17.

Ya I agree

On 12/28/2019 at 10:20 AM, Dan-Senior said:

Sault Ste. Marie

A few photos from yesterday's hike in Hiawatha Park in Sault Ste. Marie.  It was a white christmas for us.

ssm-0.jpg

ssm-3.jpg

Almost shocked that some doo-gooder hasn't turned in the fact that there is a bridge in a park that doesn't have sideboards and the waterway have a fence up near it for 10 meters in both directions on both sides!

Sault Ste. Marie

The region received another 20 cms of fresh powder overnight.  Winter is looking good for skiers, snowshoers and snowmobilers.  I was in the bush today and snapped this photo.

ssm-1.jpg

Edited by Dan-Senior
  • Like 4

Oh yah, well we got 4 centimetres (or more) right here in Milton!  Happy New Year Dan, and keep those positive reports coming. 

33 minutes ago, tricky said:

Oh yah, well we got 4 centimetres (or more) right here in Milton!  Happy New Year Dan, and keep those positive reports coming. 

Thanks for the snow update and New Year's wishes, Tricky.  Wishing you a wonderful 2020 and hopefully some good snowmobiling your way.

3 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

Sault Ste. Marie

The region received another 20 cms of fresh powder overnight.  Winter is looking good for skiers, snowshoers and snowmobilers.  I was in the bush today and snapped this photo.

ssm-1.jpg

Absolutely beautiful.  Love the pictures Dan. Happy new years..

• Like 1

The power was out for over 7200 customers in Sault area since Monday. But they have most back on line today   So much freezing rain and ice pellets trees down all over. Many of those hangover ice loaded trees over the trails I bet. So be careful. 

• 4 weeks later...

40th Anniversary
───────────
Today is a very special day for my wife and I as we celebrate our 40th Anniversary. Wow, what a milestone. Where has the time gone. 40 years of some great times and wonderful memories with family and friends and snowmobiling. 

Dan - Sault Ste. Marie

40th-2.jpg

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

40th Anniversary
───────────
Today is a very special day for my wife and I as we celebrate our 40th Anniversary. Wow, what a milestone. Where has the time gone. 40 years of some great times and wonderful memories with family and friends and snowmobiling. 

Dan - Sault Ste. Marie

40th-2.jpg

Happy Anniversary Dan. Best wishes for another 40...:right_on:..

• Like 1

Congratulations on the milestone anniversary to you and your wife Dan!

• Like 1

congrats to you dan... your mrs must be a saint, to put up with the likes of you. :D Ski

• Haha 2

Congratulations on your milestone!

• Like 1

Congrats and see you soon!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

40th Anniversary
───────────

Dan - Sault Ste. Marie

Congrats Dan.

• Like 1