groomer driver s now need first aid

mike37

1 hour ago, Wildbill said:

I wonder how many lives could be saved if more folks had first aid? 

Good point.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:21 AM, Wildbill said:

Alot.

Every year i come across at least 2 wrecks on the trails .. everyone else standing around not knowing what to do or freaking out.

Even with my wreck this year and that guy hitting me, people just drove by not offering help. More pissed that the trail was congested in that area with 2 sleds sitting there in pieces.

great idea for sure ,but with this now added to the list and chainsaw course and 12 hrs runs volunteers with be non existent ,just my 2cents 

On 10/23/2019 at 7:21 AM, Wildbill said:

Many, basic first aid should be mandatory in schools right from grade school at least 2 days a year. 

Now there are AED's all over in big cities and no one has a clue what to do. Sad.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doogirl69 said:

Many, basic first aid should be mandatory in schools right from grade school at least 2 days a year. 

Now there are AED's all over in big cities and no one has a clue what to do. Sad.

AED?

3 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

AED?

2 hours ago, Doogirl69 said:

AED’s are everywhere and that is a good thing. You don’t have to have first aid to operate one. They are self explanatory and won’t let you do something out of sequence 

32 minutes ago, T bird said:

AED’s are everywhere and that is a good thing. You don’t have to have first aid to operate one. They are self explanatory and won’t let you do something out of sequence 

True, but a little training will give people the confidence to open the box to find out how easy they are to operate.  Without training, I think that many will shy away rom the device because they THINK they can't operate one.

I had the training for the AED.  Found out you need to cut off the nipple rings before you let it loose on the body.  I just hope there is someone else that knows how to use it on me !

• Like 1

Aed training was always given to us at the same time as first aid. You almost don't need it though, it talks you through everything. I wouldn't hesitant to use one without training, especially if your on the phone with a 911 operator.

39 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

I had the training for the AED.  Found out you need to cut off the nipple rings before you let it loose on the body.  I just hope there is someone else that knows how to use it on me !

And you have to shave them if their hairy! Our instructor told us to rip the rings out:o

2 hours ago, Bigfish said:

AED?

Automatic External Defribilator.  Used in conjunction with CPR

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doogirl69 said:

The AED's typically have audio step by step directions on use. At least all the ones we looked at when we bought one for our office.

3 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Found out you need to cut off the nipple rings

I thought that those were the connection points :lmao::

3 hours ago, sledjunk said:

True, but a little training will give people the confidence to open the box to find out how easy they are to operate.  Without training, I think that many will shy away rom the device because they THINK they can't operate one.

I agree 100%. But in reality if your buddy, spouse, or child was laying there right in front of you, would you not grab it and give it your all to help save their life?

4 hours ago, Dave K said:

Automatic External Defribilator.  Used in conjunction with CPR

Thanks, had to google it as I had never heard of them before.

Don't think the groomer operators will be carrying them.

7 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Thanks, had to google it as I had never heard of them before.

Don't think the groomer operators will be carrying them.

No probably not, there pricy and batteries are only good for 5 years and need to be replaced.  Also they do not like the cold weather.

Having AED training is a benefit, so that you know exactly what your limitations are with it. 

There are certain things you do need to look out for when operating one, its not just as simple as opening it up and turning it on .. 

High school students have been receiving first aid training for the last few years, but only if they sign up for it under a special program the school offers.

I was told by our Club President that we needed this to get a Driver abstract..... Anyone else heard this or this only my district asking for this?   Since I steeped down from club president I'm not always in the loop for district stuff..... live is good now.... I can do trail work and do signs... it's what I like :)

21 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

I was told by our Club President that we needed this to get a Driver abstract..... Anyone else heard this or this only my district asking for this?   Since I steeped down from club president I'm not always in the loop for district stuff..... live is good now.... I can do trail work and do signs... it's what I like :)

Welcome back GG.  Yes, all drivers need a driver abstract, as well as current chainsaw, FA and WHMIS certificates.

4 hours ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Hey SJ, :)  I have the other stuff, was told this year we needed the Driver abstract now. 

Yup