Congratulations Nunz

soupkids

FB_IMG_1569128141302.jpg

• Like 12

The accolades keep piling up for Nunz. I certainly hope that this job includes reporting both good things and stuff that needs fixing in your reports. There have been occasions in the past when clubs needed a minimum of 50 passes to stay viable and the public relations branch of the OFSC had nothing to say about it. Other clubs such as that in Eganville needed more volunteers to keep functioning, but nothing from the OFSC about that. I could go on....boosterism works to a certain point, but it is essential that all permit buyers are aware of the total mix of snowmobiling in the province - essential if riders are to acquire some sort of ownership of the sport which in return will help alleviate some of the problems such as volunteer burn out, off trail riding, trespassing, loud cans etc.

Of course I am sure that to set a good example for others, Nunz et al will be keeping to the official speed limits, not favouring one product or business over another, keeping their machines stock......

:wavey:

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, slomo said:

The accolades keep piling up for Nunz. I certainly hope that this job includes reporting both good things and stuff that needs fixing in your reports. There have been occasions in the past when clubs needed a minimum of 50 passes to stay viable and the public relations branch of the OFSC had nothing to say about it. Other clubs such as that in Eganville needed more volunteers to keep functioning, but nothing from the OFSC about that. I could go on....boosterism works to a certain point, but it is essential that all permit buyers are aware of the total mix of snowmobiling in the province - essential if riders are to acquire some sort of ownership of the sport which in return will help alleviate some of the problems such as volunteer burn out, off trail riding, trespassing, loud cans etc.

Of course I am sure that to set a good example for others, Nunz et al will be keeping to the official speed limits, not favouring one product or business over another, keeping their machines stock......

:wavey:

There will be 16 of us as Go Snowmobiling Promoters, sharing pics and live feeds this coming winter. No sponsorships or paid product promoting. Nice and simple they are trying to put the fun back and share the experience.  For that I’m excited to be part of it. As far as the comment about fixing my reports in the past if you are implying something I’d appreciate you either explain or Pm me. 

Edited by Nunz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Nunz said:

There will be 16 of us as Go Snowmobiling Promoters, sharing pics and live feeds this coming winter. No sponsorships or paid product promoting. Nice and simple they are trying to put the fun back and share the experience.  For that I’m excited to be part of it. As far as the comment about fixing my reports in the past if you are implying something I’d appreciate you either explain or Pm me. 

I think he my be referring to your preferred brand of sled as well as your favorite haunts on certain areas.

Tongue in cheek I'm thinking.

Glad you got picked Nunzio, you will make a great promoter of this sport. 

I'm happy to see the OFSC going in this direction with marketing our trails!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

Dude - "not fixing your reports", " reporting both good things and stuff that needs fixing in your [upcoming]  reports"  - fixing a few things that need fixing in Ontario snowmobiling.  And frankly hoping for some substance as opposed to the usual crappage we have seen from those who are paid to do reports.

Edited by slomo
  • Like 1

Congratulation Nunz! You will be great at your new task. With all you are taking on this year, you might have to retire to have time for your sledding duties and riding of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Congratulation Nunz! You will be great at your new task. With all you are taking on this year, you might have to retire to have time for your sledding duties and riding of course.

If he retires he can't afford to sled.

Congratulation Nunz and have fun in your new task! Sure was great to see you at the AGM! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nunz said:

Congrat's Nunz.  BTW, I think what slomo was implying was that the previous report author only reported the good points about the the products or areas, and he is hoping that the new group will show the good and the bad of areas. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nunz said:

Good for you Nunz

X2 on the bold. Probably no different than what you (and the rest of us on OC) do already.

12 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Glad you got picked Nunzio, you will make a great promoter of this sport. 

I'm happy to see the OFSC going in this direction with marketing our trails!

Exactly!

22 hours ago, slomo said:

Dude - "not fixing your reports", " reporting both good things and stuff that needs fixing in your [upcoming]  reports"  - fixing a few things that need fixing in Ontario snowmobiling.  And frankly hoping for some substance as opposed to the usual crappage we have seen from those who are paid to do reports.

Sorry I apologize I took your comments out of context. Cheers

2 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

is this just tweeting?

Mostly social media posts, live feeds from the trail, sharing pics and videos, its exciting to be part of it for sure

• Like 1