Single axle hybrid trailers reviews

Sksman

Would the Harley fall through the floor ?

The Bullitt floor is quite sturdy. Thick plywood, unlike the thin stuff on the ramp door. The door has strong frame members, and the areas covered with ski guides and traction plastic are ok, but sections in between have wood that's too thin, and won't stand up to sharp carbides.

Screenshot_20200417-172602_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1

About 80 inches from the back of the Grand Touring track to the back of the trailer floor. The GT could be moved ahead a couple of inches.

I think a Snowscoot is 84 inches, so it would likely fit by having the skis straddle the larger sled's track.

20200417_164148_copy_2016x1512.jpg

20200417_164557_copy_2016x1512.jpg

20200417_164725_copy_2016x1512.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:46 PM, Blake G said:

I believe both are the same length and width, 7 x 16.

I chose the the Bullit because it has a much lower roof than the Triton TC167. I think that's why it's called Bullit. (They may have changed the name from Bullit to Bullet after the first year?) You need to duck your head the whole time you're inside (I remove my helmet and wear a ball cap inside my Bullit), but the payoff is that towing the Bullit is much easier, due to reduced wind resistance. I also have a 6 x 10 Wells Cargo trailer, with 6 feet interior height, that weighs about the same as my Bullit. The 8 speed Ram gets 3 mpg better towing the Bullit, and cruises about one gear higher.

I use the front door to secure the front of the first sled, and sometimes to load or unload gear such as gas cans.

There is no issue with skis going from the ground onto the Bullitt ramp BUT there is a definite issue with the exposed thin wood on the ramp door. More than once my carbides cut right through the plywood when I missed the ski guides. My trailer is a 2019, so perhaps the issue was corrected in the next model year. Otherwise I'd say the trailer is very well built.

The other downfall with the Bullit is the lack of a dealer network, with Action Trailers being the sole Ontario dealer.

I feel the Bullit was right for me, due to the ease of towing.

Whenever you have a challenge with the carbides catching on the edge of the ramp whether it be where it meets the ground or in the gap between the trailer bed and the ramp a piece of the black plumbing drain pipe can solve the problem. If you're loading put the pipe at the edge of the ramp on the ground. Being round the carbide will run up and over then onto the ramp ski guides. Same thing with the gap. For me loading isn't a problem but when backing out the rear of the carbides tend to catch the front edge of the ramp at the gap. The pipe sitting in the gap prevents them from catching.

• 9 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 12:18 PM, JohnnyB said:

I have a tc167 for years now. Previously had the 101 11 ft triton clam shell 

167 Is a slightly tougher pull, use more gas and side winds are felt more so than the 101.

Drop down door is the best thing going.

No worries about snow weighing down a clam shell. 

Loading is much easier imo. Lots of room for gear in a 167. You can load 3 sleds if needed, very tight and tricky but a buddy does it all the time.

Single axle works fine for me, suggest brakes as I warped my rotors quick on my Ford 150.

Personally I'd go with the tc167.

Caveat....watch the front axle bolts!!!!

Check also the spacer between frame and axle, mine disintegrated.

3 riding buddies had front bolts break away...we trailer a lot.

Hi Johnny.  I have a question regarding getting 3 sleds in the tc 167 trailer.  I am looking to purchase one myself.  What size were the sleds your buddy was putting in?

I really like the details this trailer has to offer but need to get 3 sleds.  

Thanks in advance 

vito