elliot lk to halfway

want to drive up early morning & skip Dunlop lk lodge,park at staging area that is further north on F trail.can someone pin point that for me.

Edited by white dragon

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, white dragon said:

want to drive up early morning & skip Dunlop lk lodge,park at staging area that is further north on F trail.can someone pin point that for me.

Take 108 north past Dunlop Lake Lodge like you are driving there and keep going until it turns into 639.  Continue north on 639 until it hits 546.  Turn right on 546 until it runs into the F Trail.  The parking area is at the intersection of the F trail and runs west there and you will turn left off 546 at the T shaped intersection onto a bit of plowed road which is the F trail and the parking area.  You have ridden past it on the trail and probably noticed all the vehicles. 

The problem is that the F Trail and all Elliot Lake Trails have gone RED today.  Sorry to see that as you were hoping to start there.  Perhaps a road has been plowed?  If not,  you will be able to ride to Black Creek because it is all fast open road.  You need to call Black Creek and ask what's up at their end.  (705) 841-2555  Jean or Don.

Good luck Glenn.

wd, look at the weather... almost plus 10 for saturday, and sunday, above freezing at night too. any road running, plowed sections will be BARE. we drove through the soo today, and although we could see some sledders at the zone in goulais river, what we could see from the road, will be going fast with this weeks temps. you may have missed another ride in this area by a week. Ski

seen F went red.thx for update scott & eric,guess we will go thru Cochrane & try to make duberville

We have friends in Dub right now trying to make their way back to Elliott Lake, was on the phone with her and they are really concerned on how to get back. My suggestion was to get a tow truck to take them back, really hoping they are able to figure it out.

7 hours ago, Nunz said:

We have friends in Dub right now trying to make their way back to Elliott Lake, was on the phone with her and they are really concerned on how to get back. My suggestion was to get a tow truck to take them back, really hoping they are able to figure it out.

Talked to Black Creek Outfitters just now and there is a very short area that is down to road because it had been plowed this winter, but yesterday Monday April 1st riders came from and rode back to Elliot Lake and said the trail was good except that short section of plowed road near Black Creek.  The Elliot Lake Club is done grooming and turned all the trails RED.  They said that by Saturday there will be a big problem since it is going up to 60°F.  They need to ride back down ASAP to get back to Elliot Lake.  The ice bridge 50 kilometers south of Halfway could also become a problem.  I had planned to cut trees and fill the drop if it gave before my return 7 days ago, but it seems it has held through a couple days as someone posted on facebook with pictures.  Some people came from Searchmont to Black Creek on Sunday and said that the D201F was still good too.

After all it is April and the farther south, the faster it will go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

Talked to Black Creek Outfitters just now and there is a very short area that is down to road because it had been plowed this winter, but yesterday Monday April 1st riders came from and rode back to Elliot Lake and said the trail was good except that short section of plowed road near Black Creek.  The Elliot Lake Club is done grooming and turned all the trails RED.  They said that by Saturday there will be a big problem since it is going up to 60°F.  They need to ride back down ASAP to get back to Elliot Lake.  The ice bridge 50 kilometers south of Halfway could also become a problem.  I had planned to cut trees and fill the drop if it gave before my return 7 days ago, but it seems it has held through a couple days as someone posted on facebook with pictures.  Some people came from Searchmont to Black Creek on Sunday and said that the D201F was still good too.

After all it is April and the farther south, the faster it will go.

Thanks Scott, They made it to Halfway Haven, apparently you are friends with him on FB, Chris Fraser, they are finishing the trip to Elliott Lake tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Nunz said:

Thanks Scott, They made it to Halfway Haven, apparently you are friends with him on FB, Chris Fraser, they are finishing the trip to Elliott Lake tomorrow.

nunz could u find out how rest of trail was to Elliot lake tomorrow for me ?

36 minutes ago, white dragon said:

nunz could u find out how rest of trail was to Elliot lake tomorrow for me ?

Sure thing 

32 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Sure thing 

thx

Glenn, I sent you some pics and videos on FB, she is reporting back that HH to Black Creek is awesome conditions.

6 hours ago, Nunz said:

Glenn, I sent you some pics and videos on FB, she is reporting back that HH to Black Creek is awesome conditions.

thx nunz,