Cochrane to Hearst Mar 22 2019

Turbo Doo

42 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

I would NOT, worry about the current forecast i just posted..Give her, we most likely are..:evil2:

Ya I don't think it looks bad at all!  Hopefully it stays looking like that!  Was planning on heading up Thursday morning.  

We are trying again, this time with Viper as Sidewinder still in shop waiting for back ordered top gear. So driving up part way Tuesday night, then Wednesday launching Temikaming Shores to Cochrane. Thursday Kap via Abitibi, then Friday Auld Reekie, and Saturday back to truck and home. we got Klim suits so let what weather come...we are going sledding. :icon_hyper:

Did I read somewhere that the gas season for the Abitibi Canyon will end some time this week?

EDIT: Gas sales might be ending this Sunday....

I found a thread on Facebook. Nunz mentioned that he was told gas might end this coming Sunday.

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

I found a thread on Facebook. Nunz mentioned that he was told gas might end this coming Sunday.

That came right from the guys at Basecamp. 

All 3 of our sleds carry spare gas, so we will check before we leave but also make sure our spare ones are full.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:22 PM, T bird said:

Oh I sure hope not!! Heading to Cochrane Friday.  Planning on doing canyon one of the days. Staying for the week

Where are you staying?  We will be at Westway from Sunday on.

7 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Hoping to stay at westway as well. Have t booked anything yet as I’m waiting on last min decision from others in the group. Going to book on drive up. Have a solid 10plus hr drive. Hope they’re not booked up

9 hours ago, sledjunk said:

I have to go to Timmins one day this weekend ... when do you get to Cochrane ?  I've been toying with the idea of bringing the sled with me and riding somewhere along the trip home ....

We will be driving up through the night and arriving around 9 AM Sunday.  probably crashing for a few hours and then unloading and getting ready for riding Monday.

Looks like I'm not going to bring a sled to Timmins. There and back, Saturday likely. Sunday is a nicer looking day to fiddle around outside, maybe fetch some firewood. 

anyone up there now? heard 2cm of powder last night!! headed up tomorrow. 

Hitting the road shortly for the long haul to Cochrane. Going to be good!... just to double check,, gas will no longer be available at the canyon after Sunday?

I think the jury is still out on that. Might want to contact the base.

I called them earlier this week and they said they are planning on staying open till the trail is closed. They were thinking until 7APR. But things change this time of year so call ahead of time. 

On 3/29/2019 at 9:25 AM, willb said:

I called them earlier this week and they said they are planning on staying open till the trail is closed. They were thinking until 7APR. But things change this time of year so call ahead of time. 

Polar Bear Riders just announced on Facebook that the Base Camp is out of fuel until Monday.

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Polar Bear Riders just announced on Facebook that the Base Camp is out of fuel until Monday.

Fuel supply has been restored. Good until the end of next weekend. 

image.png.a4068de36339b6f609a444554acd6be7.png

Rode the canyon today for the first time! What an experience! Great views and a great ride! Can’t wait for tomorrow’s excursion! Westway was packed all wknd, starting to empty out a bit now.

We are in room 26 at Westway.  Say hi if you are around.

Archived