OFSC survey

gobills

OFSC has acknowledged the glitch on Facebook. A repair will take place tomorrow.

they say it will be fixed by tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Blake G said:

OFSC has acknowledged the glitch on Facebook. A repair will take place tomorrow.

You beat me too it as i was typing:)

Hopefully the OFSC operates better then the survey that won't go past the fourth question.  I rarely do them so I figured WTF why not.   Won't be wasting my time again.

I guess I have two 2015 sleds lol

The survey has been fixed and the link reposted.

For anyone who hasn't received the survey link here is the REVISED web address: (HOPEFULLY THIS LINK WILL WORK PROPERLY)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/snowmobilingsurvey

I would encourage everyone to complete the survey as it will help the OFSC to build a case for funding.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Says I have already taken the survey when I have not.  They must just be reading my mind.

45 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Says I have already taken the survey when I have not.  They must just be reading my mind.

I got the same response, have never ever done an ofsc survey and only even knew about it from this thread

It's my fault. The link I copied was after I had completed the survey. I will try to get a proper link and edit the one posted above.

OK,  I'VE CHANGED THE LINK ABOVE AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. I CAN'T TELL IF IT WILL FROM MY LAPTOP. SORRY FOR THE ISSUES.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Done.

• Like 1

thanks for updated link, I am done. Nice to know approx how much I spend on the sport. I will have to double it when I retire. I may have to get a summer job to supplement my love of the sport.

Jerry

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gtserider said:

Survey is a little premature. There is  some snowmachineing left. Figures won't be actuate if you decide to go north next week.No questions on what volunteers spend out of there own pocket.Typical survey monkey BS. wonder what it cost us.

Not tot much cost. Paid staff will most likely compile the data over the summer. Pretty sure they are paid as full time employees so it will not cost anything really. Unless, they outsourced it to someones buddy, then 30k lol.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:00 PM, 2strokemerc said:

Worked good for me, just finished the survey.

and they ask the same question multiple times....

• Confused 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, gtserider said:

Survey is a little premature. There is  some snowmachineing left. Figures won't be actuate if you decide to go north next week.No questions on what volunteers spend out of there own pocket.Typical survey monkey BS. wonder what it cost us.

Probably nothing or next to....

With several questions near the end, does anyone get the feeling that the OFSC may be considering a District permit system? ie. a permit for each district? 

I remember ATVs had different zones/clubs in which you had to purchase separate permits to join and ride in different areas.  I sure hope the OFSC isn't headed in that direction.

1 hour ago, Grimm said:

With several questions near the end, does anyone get the feeling that the OFSC may be considering a District permit system? ie. a permit for each district? 

I remember ATVs had different zones/clubs in which you had to purchase separate permits to join and ride in different areas.  I sure hope the OFSC isn't headed in that direction.

Interesting....not committed to the idea in the least, but was on a drive yesterday and it occurred to ask myself "What if the Northern Corridor du Nord clubs split off and formed the NOFSC?

(N for northern)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, slomo said:

Interesting....not committed to the idea in the least, but was on a drive yesterday and it occurred to ask myself "What if the Northern Corridor du Nord clubs split off and formed the NOFSC?

(N for northern)

Never going to happen.

2 hours ago, Grimm said:

In the early days of the Framework For Change discussions, there was an idea floated about a Regional Permit System. The province would be divided into 5 regions with each region retaining the bulk of their respective sales. It was dismissed early on with the reasoning being that the  regional boundaries would be too arbitrary and difficult to establish and/or enforce. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, Big Pete said:

In the early days of the Framework For Change discussions, there was an idea floated about a Regional Permit System. The province would be divided into 5 regions with each region retaining the bulk of their respective sales. It was dismissed early on with the reasoning being that the  regional boundaries would be too arbitrary and difficult to establish and/or enforce. 

Given the crushing impact of whatever climate nonsense is occurring in SW Ontario this idea may have merit for consideration once again. Yes I realize the logistics of it are nearly insurmountable however the idea that a rider in London is paying the same for a permit as someone in say, Mattawa, seems to defy logic.  Yeah we all realize nature is cruel and can not be predicted but it's 4 years now since many of us in the SW have ridden from home or at the very least trailered less than 2 hours to find a full day's riding on really good trails.  These past 4 years my OFSC Permit dollars have felt more like a hiway toll than a fee for the trail network. 

• Like 1

You can't be serious? The permit is one of the cheapest parts of sledding, and you want to pay less because of where you live you can't sled from home? 

• Thanks 1