New liskeard up through hearst

Akronsnow

Supposed to come up for a 4 day ride starting in New Liskeard going up through Timmns Cochrane  and to Hearst. Is this going to be doable ? I see alot of the area went yellow, A little worried. The forcast is a little warm during the day but cold at night. Hoping to be able to make this last run. Fingers crossed

I'm in Timmins right now. Started in New Liskard on Tuesday.

Tuesday we ran from NL to Timmins via L143.....tons of snow and awesome trails. People at Auld Reekie told us they we going to groom the L143 Wed night.

Wed we rode around Timmins and up to Kirkland lake and back. Again beauty trials.

Thursday today we thought would rain all day. It spit for short periods of time. I rode myself up to Cochrane and back to Timmins. Never saw one sled all day. Weird. But trails again we great.

Some pics from today attached. They all look the same cause it's all good.:)

They haven't had this much snow up here in 20 years. You'll be fine. Supposed to rain tomorrow but I guess time will tell. The trails can handle it. The roads cant. That's the only issue I see other than if it gets cold again you will need scratcher IMO......But if you're coming I would say you'll be fine.

timmins 2.jpg

timmins 3.jpg

timmins 5.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Simple said:

I'm in Timmins right now. Started in New Liskard on Tuesday.

Tuesday we ran from NL to Timmins via L143.....tons of snow and awesome trails. People at Auld Reekie told us they we going to groom the L143 Wed night.

Wed we rode around Timmins and up to Kirkland lake and back. Again beauty trials.

Thursday today we thought would rain all day. It spit for short periods of time. I rode myself up to Cochrane and back to Timmins. Never saw one sled all day. Weird. But trails again we great.

Some pics from today attached. They all look the same cause it's all good.:)

They haven't had this much snow up here in 20 years. You'll be fine. Supposed to rain tomorrow but I guess time will tell. The trails can handle it. The roads cant. That's the only issue I see other than if it gets cold again you will need scratcher IMO......But if you're coming I would say you'll be fine.

timmins 2.jpg

timmins 3.jpg

timmins 5.jpg

No birch trees in the 3rd pic

6 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

There is a pile of snow in New Liskeard. No exaggeration, through the big fields, at the road crossings, the banks are at least 10 feet high.

They sure are. This was on A, out towards elk lake way a week and a half ago...Road crossing just being opened up by 2 graders and a loader...

20190228_104142.jpg

20190228_104152.jpg

Edited by IQ TURBO

Heard the riverbed is closed leaving New Liskeard. How is the A107 Q {green) and the 191 (yellow} going north ?  We can go the 185 to 186  to the A trail if the river crossing stays open. More worried about the return trip Saturday though. Someone PLEASE keep me updated !! Don't know if we'll be able to check the map on the way down

I did see that post on facebook which is why I'm asking about it. Curious of the actual conditions on 191 since it's another riverbed ? as well as hoping to get a more up-to-date report on the river crossing so I know which way to go. PLEASE keep the updates coming. THANKS in advance

We would prefer not to go the 191 because it is another river dodnt want to go out on the lake if possible but if the other river crossing closes we will have no choice. Again more worried about the ride back on Saturday 

Imo, i would ride L195 to A to L185, L186 and continue on if your not ok with A 107 to L191. Obviously this depends on it staying above water. Tri town club is good with keeping up posts etc. You could also move your starting point out to Elk lake. I take it you guys want to ride timmins, via gowganda way?.

Edited by IQ TURBO
  • Like 1

Might go up the c trail or the 143 not sure yet but will be heading back down from Cochrane on Saturday via the 108 to A then down the A trail . Our plan right now is just what you said 195 to 185 to 186 

Edited by Akronsnow

The C trail where it runs thru Tatachikapita lodge driveway was plowed darn near to gravel when we where thru 2 weeks ago. It was a decent clip of a driveway.  May also want to do the L143 due to it being green on the map, and part of C being yellow. Im sure Mattagami lake would be fun now. 

Edited by IQ TURBO

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

We are riding Cochrane to Hearst and back, friday, Saturday.  Companion inn, and westway..

We will be headed from Hearst towards Cochrane on Friday   3 skidoo's (2 1200 renegades and a 600 e tech) And 2 Yamaha's one red one black

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Akronsnow said:

We will be headed from Hearst towards Cochrane on Friday   3 skidoo's (2 1200 renegades and a 600 e tech) And 2 Yamaha's one red one black

We will keep our eyes peeled. Look for a black and grey 850 mxz x, red klim suit..

1 hour ago, Akronsnow said:

See u Friday buddy!! Look for my sled.